Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi App Doesn't connect to Router

ChrisMesSaTx
Tutor

Re: Orbi App Doesn't connect to Router

Thanks, all.  I turned ‘Private’ off on my IPhone.  That did not seem to work.  Also toggled that off and back on as I disconnected from my WiFi and did the same after turning off and then back on, my phone.  Also didn‘t work.  I will wait until NG gets a patch or fix out for circumventing what Apple has implemented. 

Message 26 of 38
Joe221
Star

I sent Christine a DM with my serial number and haven’t heard back. I’ve rebooted my 750 every day to see if something happens. Nope. Still stuck. Sigh. Luckily I was reviewing my 750 kit and was able to warn away some. Small victories while I suffer and wait. 

Message 27 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

You can try this as well if your looking for more immediate access. I believe NG is pushing this when support is contacted. 

If you do choose to manually update, update the RBS first, then the RBR lastly. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/RBK750-and-850-Series-Firmware-Versi...

I have it loaded on mine and have access with the Orbi app and it's working. 

@Joe221 wrote:

I sent Christine a DM with my serial number and haven’t heard back. I’ve rebooted my 750 every day to see if something happens. Nope. Still stuck. Sigh. Luckily I was reviewing my 750 kit and was able to warn away some. Small victories while I suffer and wait. 

Message 28 of 38
RKRM
Aspirant

I've been having various versions of the same issue. Have an RBR750 and a corresponding satellite (RBS750). Noticed a few weeks ago that I couldn't connect to the router via the app ("Router not found" error); however, all the devices at home seem to be connected to the internet and working fine. I saw that Netgear was having issues so decided to wait. Today, when I open the Orbi app, it automatically takes me to the admin login page, but the default "password" doesn't work (and I don't know any admin password that I would've changed). So I'm not able to log in to the admin page, which seems necessary to roll back firmware. I've deleted the app and power cycled the router (and my model to boot). My Orbi is ~2 years old so support isn't an option either.

Any advice? Just wait for NG to fix it? Should I perform a factory reset, which will of course be a pain and take all my devices offline? It's not absolutely mission-critical for me to be able to access the Orbi router from the app as long as my internet is working, which it seems like it is, but this is a pain / nuisance. 

Message 29 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Review this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/Orbi-Web-Page-and-Orbi-app-Access-Status/td-p/2223085/jump...

Try this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/RBK750-and-850-Series-Firmware-Versi...

Mines up and running and Orbi app IS working.

@RKRM wrote:

I've been having various versions of the same issue. Have an RBR750 and a corresponding satellite (RBS750). Noticed a few weeks ago that I couldn't connect to the router via the app ("Router not found" error); however, all the devices at home seem to be connected to the internet and working fine. I saw that Netgear was having issues so decided to wait. Today, when I open the Orbi app, it automatically takes me to the admin login page, but the default "password" doesn't work (and I don't know any admin password that I would've changed). So I'm not able to log in to the admin page, which seems necessary to roll back firmware. I've deleted the app and power cycled the router (and my model to boot). My Orbi is ~2 years old so support isn't an option either.

Any advice? Just wait for NG to fix it? Should I perform a factory reset, which will of course be a pain and take all my devices offline? It's not absolutely mission-critical for me to be able to access the Orbi router from the app as long as my internet is working, which it seems like it is, but this is a pain / nuisance. 

Message 30 of 38
ChrisMesSaTx
Tutor

I’m able to now sign in to the app.  All I did was open a hardware warranty issue with NG (which I have not seen a reply for…yet…) and it looks like a FW update was pushed.  I’ll close the issue now that mine is resolved.

Message 31 of 38
mrock
Aspirant

turning off Private Relay fixed it for me.  Thanks!

Message 32 of 38
RKRM
Aspirant

Thank you, this fixed it for me!
Message 33 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 34 of 38
Joe221
Star

I looked at my original post, I don’t see any option to mark it solved. I’ve seen other posts with that but don’t know how to mark it.

thanks.

Message 35 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Ooops. Already done. 😉

Message 36 of 38
ddigger62
Aspirant

My ORBI application hasn't worked in quite a while.  I've tried deinstalling, reinstalling, etc., with no success.  I have a NETGEAR CAX80 and an ORBI router with 4 satellites.  Any idea of a fix timeframe?  Will the company be issuing any sort of credits?

Message 37 of 38
CrimpOn
Guru

@ddigger62 wrote:

Will the company be issuing any sort of credits?

Love the humor.

Message 38 of 38
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7