Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi App Not Connecting to the router

ducs4rs
Tutor

Orbi App Not Connecting to the router

I was able to setup my Orbi RBR750 with the Orbi app on my Android phone I configured the router in AP mode with a fixed IP address. When I use the app it occationally connects and when it does it doesn't last long. then won't reconnect. I have Verizon FIOS internet and use Opnsense as my internet facing router. If needed I can run a packet trace from Opnsense filtering on the RBR750's IP address.

RBR750 Serial Number: 666715CN00830

Orbi Router Firmware Version: V4.6.5.14_2.0.54

Orbi App Version: Android 2.13.1.1.1868b

Internet Facing Router - Opnsense 21.7.7

DNS Server: PiHole 5.6

Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi App Not Connecting to the router

(Feeling a bit "over my head".......)

Unless I am mistaken, setting the Orbi to a Static IP address and changing it to AP mode are not features of the Orbi 'app'. Was the web interface used to make those changes?

Does the Orbi 'app' behave differently when attached to the Orbi WiFi LAN than when remote (using Anywhere Access)?

Message 2 of 4
ducs4rs
Tutor

Per the setup instructions card I first used the mobile app to setup the router. Once setup I used the web interface to switch from router to AP mode and set a fixed IP address.

No the behavior doesn't change between local and away from home (access anyware).

Message 3 of 4
ducs4rs
Tutor

Well I found the access anyware option in the app and enabled it and I can connect to the router. It never connects locally however.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7