Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Repeating issue with Orbi app -rbr750/rbs750

Nopeynope
Star

Repeating issue with Orbi app -rbr750/rbs750

I've had this issue literally a dozen times in the past 1.5 years..... to the point I almost want to get rid of the system and go with something else.

Out of nowhere, the app just stops working. See attached screenshot. My home wifi is working just fine, phones, tvs and a plethora or smart things in the home are working/connecting JUST fine.

Yet I'm met with this error message which states Orbi cannot connect to the internet.(not correct)

I've power cycled the modem, router and satellites till the cows came home. The ONLY thing I can do to get access to the orbi app again is to do a hard reset of the entire system. Every. Time.

This also happens if I have a power outage, or if the router gets unplugged at all.

Please tell me I'm an idiot and I'm missing something simple?

Many thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: Repeating issue with Orbi app -rbr750/rbs750

there's a notice right at the top of the page about app issues with that orbi app version. You can read it here:

NETGEAR

I've got the same and just don't use the app. I just log in through the browser. 

Message 2 of 7
Nopeynope
Star

Please delete. I see the other threads about it. Once again, Netgear ruins my entire home network. Over it.
Message 3 of 7
Nopeynope
Star

Yes, I saw it after posting.

Cannot connect through browser either.

"Connection refused"
Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

You can try this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/RBK750-and-850-Series-Firmware-Versi...

Mines up and running and Orbi app IS working. 

Message 5 of 7
Nopeynope
Star

Android/PC.

I cannot log in to the admin site to even attempt updating firmware
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

If you want to gain more immediate access to the RBRs web page, you'll need to factory reset the RBR by pressing the reset button for 15 seconds, then release. Have 1 wired PC connected to the back of the RBR. Use a web browser and HTTP with 192.168.1.1. Walk thru the setup wizard here. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7