Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

security questions not recognised to log in to RBR50 so locked out and I have a data breach.

Dayvwood
Follower

security questions not recognised to log in to RBR50 so locked out and I have a data breach.

Having had some data breaches with large Australian companies I wished to update passwords. I have not been able to log in to my ORBI RBR50 as it won't recognise my legitimate security question answers in any written case. I need access to stop any further unauthorised scamming.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: security questions not recognised to log in to RBR50 so locked out and I have a data breach.

Try factory resetting it and reinstalling it. 

Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on. 

then you can go through the reinstall process and re-do all your passwords

Message 2 of 3

Re: security questions not recognised to log in to RBR50 so locked out and I have a data breach.

@Dayvwood wrote:

I have not been able to log in to my ORBI RBR50 as it won't recognise my legitimate security question answers in any written case.

The router is not psychic. Did you actually provide those answers when you set up the router? Or are you just filling them is as they pop up?

If you are trying to use the "password recovery" option, there is a bug in Netgear's implementation of password recovery on some devices.

If password recovery is enabled, but you have not set the answers to the questions, it keeps sending you back to the beginning of the process. If you haven't already given the thing your personal answers, they are not in its memory and it has no way of knowing if they are correct.

As @plemans says, if you have forgotten your password, or the default doesn't work, then a reset is in order.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7