Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

LBR20 + RBS20 adding another compatible satellite

Paolo74
Follower

LBR20 + RBS20 adding another compatible satellite

I have a LBR20 LTE router placed at the 3th floar where the 4G radio signal is good. Downstair at the 2nd floar I have a RBS20 satellite and the two devices can work wirelessly together. Unfortunatly with the router at the 3rd floor if I place the RBS20 satellite downstairs al the 1st floor the signal is no sufficient so I need to add a third satellite (each for any floar). Can anyone lists all satellites compatible with  LBR20 LTE + RBS20 to work wirelessly in daisy chain topology. Can I put RBS50 (is it compatible with the other two devices) at the 1st floor, have it connected to RBS20 at the 2nd floar and this one connected to LBR20 at the 3rd floar? I can also connect the 3 device with a rj45 wire. What is the list of compatible satellites other than RBS20?

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: LBR20 + RBS20 adding another compatible satellite

You can mix/match 

RBS20

RBW30

RBS40

RBS40V (voice, tends to be on sale on amazon)

RBS50

RBS50Y (outdoor)

The EX7500, EX7700, EX8000 should also work as well. 

Message 2 of 3
ShadowsPapa
Tutor

Re: LBR20 + RBS20 adding another compatible satellite

I realize this is an old dead dead thread or conversation, but I found something very interesting with my Orbi LBR20 when I first installed it.
A couple of years ago I pulled an old Netgear LTE/router out of storage. The LTE part had died, or maybe it was only 3G, I can't recall the reason I retired it originally, but I had set it up to be a simple WiFi access point. I connected it to the Ethernet RJ45 switch I had down there, and disabled all routing, chose setup as access point so that I could use WiFi devices down there on the same subnet as upstairs. Not only that but it gave me another RJ45 switched connection for my TV down there. 
When I got my new Orbi this week and set it up, I changed the IP address scheme to match my existing network and found something odd right away - it said it had backhaul. Now how in the world was that?  The old Netgear R6220 had connected, received an IP from Orbi and Orbi decided it was a satellite, apparently. It was so simple, so seemless and it just worked. In fact the FireStick connected to that old R6220 I was using as a basic access point was the very first thing to show up in Orbi's connected devices list. 
Wish I had another old R6220 to use in my shop for an access point out there!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7