Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Added SRS60 to SRR60 in AP mode. Was identified in device list but SRS60 IP address is 10.1.10.56.

Aspirant

Added SRS60 to SRR60 in AP mode. Was identified in device list but SRS60 IP address is 10.1.10.56.

Added a second Satellite, SRS60, to a new Orbi Pro AC5 system.  The router found the add-on satellite, but the Satellite came up with the IP address of 10.1.10.56.  The Router is in AP mode and the IP addresses are in the 192.168.1.x range (255.255.255.0 subnet mask) provoided via DHCP from the main office. The Orbi Pro and its included Satellite are on the correct IP range and work fine.

I was able to change the name of the new Satellite from the ORBILOGIN app, but can't figure out how to get it on the correct subnet. Because the IP address is on the wrong subnet, the update firmware page doesn't identify the new Satellite. I'm assuming I was able to change the name via the backhaul channel, but that's not using TCP/IP, it appears.

Ideas on how I fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Aspirant

Re: Added SRS60 to SRR60 in AP mode. Was identified in device list but SRS60 IP address is 10.1.10.5

Thanks to both responders. I discovered after some frustrating work on Wednesday that another DHCP source was added to the network and it's handing out 10.1.10.x addresses when it wins the DHCP request; otherwise, the primary DHCP source wins and supplies the 192.168.1.x address. Thanks to the features of ORBILOGIN, the attched devices map clearly showed every device on the network and the smattering of both 10.1.10.x and 192.18.1.x networks. Also, I used an iPAD 5 with an Ethernet adapter and, with Wifi on as well, got a 192.168 address on one and a 10.1.10.x address on another.... We're going to work in the main office tomorrow and track down the second DHCP source...wish me luck! Thanks again for your consideration and suggestions. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Re: Added SRS60 to SRR60 in AP mode. Was identified in device list but SRS60 IP address is 10.1.10.5

How is this SRS60 connected to the network? The only thing coming into my mind would be that the SRS60 had a static IP configured from a previous installation, or it's wired to a switch port where the port is configured to a different VLAN with a DHCP server from a different subnet 10.1.10.x or 10.1.x.x or 10.x.x.x.

Message 2 of 4
DJHazmat
Star

I've seen similar and had to reset the satellite to factory settings twice in a row to get it to clear the config. The other thing I was told by support and actually do is to kepp the pin in the reset hole pushed until I see the amber light blink 12 times. I then remove it. 

I suspect that your satellite is not reset to factory. Once that is done, you just press the sync on the back and the sync on the main router and it'll get it right in about 8 minutes.  

The other option is if you can login oto the satellite, make sure it has the same version of firmware as the main router. Tehy don't work well when they are off by more than 1 version. 

Message 3 of 4
Aspirant

Thanks to both responders. I discovered after some frustrating work on Wednesday that another DHCP source was added to the network and it's handing out 10.1.10.x addresses when it wins the DHCP request; otherwise, the primary DHCP source wins and supplies the 192.168.1.x address. Thanks to the features of ORBILOGIN, the attched devices map clearly showed every device on the network and the smattering of both 10.1.10.x and 192.18.1.x networks. Also, I used an iPAD 5 with an Ethernet adapter and, with Wifi on as well, got a 192.168 address on one and a 10.1.10.x address on another.... We're going to work in the main office tomorrow and track down the second DHCP source...wish me luck! Thanks again for your consideration and suggestions. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements