Get Orbi Pro now


Orbi Pro Support

Login to discuss Orbi Pro

Reply
Highlighted
Star

Re: New Firmware V2.5.3.108 for SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y(for Orbi Pro) Now Available!

My house is wired, the backbone goes via ethernet with the satelites.

 

This updates fixes the DNS resolution issue - for my configuration, it's the most stable I had in... 8-9 mounths

 

Not a reboot since release...

 

Cheers,

Message 51 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: New Firmware V2.5.3.108 for SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y(for Orbi Pro) Now Available!

@RaghuHR Thanks for the update regarding the FW update.

Good news that the cause was identified.

 

I have reverted back to the 2.5.2.104 version for now.  All stable.

Will update the FW after its  tested and double tested release.....haha

But not too hasty.  I will monitor the Community for a while.....

 

Cheers.

dH

 

Being a newbie (from the dlink world) I am impressed with how quickly Netgear responded. And also impressed with the "Community".

This has been a great resource. As confidence is high!!!

 

Thanks @RaghuHR , @BIG9MM , @hcegt , @Leia 

 

Cheers

 

Message 52 of 90
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: New Firmware V2.5.3.108 for SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y(for Orbi Pro) Now Available!

After the New Firmware V2.5.3.108 upgrade last week, my router and two satellites now display “Service Unreachable” (instead of “No new firmware version available) in the Advanced>Administrator>Firmware update field. I have rebooted and even reset the router without success.
Is this something that will correct itself automatically with the next firmware update or do I need to reinstall the previous version 2.5.3.104? Otherwise, the system is working fine.
Thanks so much.
Message 53 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: New Firmware V2.5.3.108 for SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y(for Orbi Pro) Now Available!

If you go back a couple posts Netgear indicated that they have found the issue and are working on it.


Personally what I have done is just not touched anything and the devices seem to operate but the internal readings that I’m getting displayed by the apps that I have used seems to show miscommunication to the satellites. Try to give it a couple of days if everything’s working and just log into your PC to check to see if the clients are reconnected in the satellites show the version software. Mine did not display for eight hours then came back up online and displayed the firmware. If I was you I would just wait until the new firmware is released which will be pretty soon and just mainly upload each firmware update to each satellite if necessary.

Also, do not use the Orbi app to view your connected devices or firmware otherwise your satellite will go crazy.
Message 54 of 90
Highlighted
Tutor
Tutor

Firmware V2.5.3.108 downgrade to 2.5.2.104 Restored Connectivity

Hello -

 

I want to report that mesh connectivity was restored when I downgraded the firmware to 2.5.2.104.  I downgraded the satellites first via their webpages and then the router via its webpage.

 

Netgear: please quality check your firmware updates.  We lost many hours rebooting, reconnecting and fussing with the router and satellites. 

 

Thank you to those that have posted to the Community and allowed us to fix this problem.

 

Regards,

 

ENY

Message 55 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: Firmware V2.5.3.108 downgrade to 2.5.2.104 Restored Connectivity

that is true about the hours spent / and revenue lost,  in trying to promble solve the issue  - all the while assuming that the firmware was QC'd  from Netgear.  Very thankful for the community trying to make sense of it all.

 

I think for all the persons/establishments that have had to backgrade the Orbi Pro to the 2.5.2.104 version....netgear should make an allowance.....like a free satellite.  This should be the minimum that Netgear should do.....

 

dH

Message 56 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: New Firmware V2.5.3.108 for SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y(for Orbi Pro) Now Available!

Can  DaneA, or  RaghuHR  please reply to my PMs.  A Beta Firmware download link was sent to me but I’m not able to download it to test it without the correct download link.  I came home to download and install before I needed to go back to work.
 
 
Message 57 of 90
Highlighted
Guide

Re: New Firmware V2.5.3.108 for SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y(for Orbi Pro) Now Available!


@BIG9MM wrote:
Can  DaneA, or  RaghuHR  please reply to my PMs.  A Beta Firmware download link was sent to me but I’m not able to download it to test it without the correct download link.  I came home to download and install before I needed to go back to work.

Good luck with the beta - much appreciated you taking one for the team. I burned through a day trying to get 2.5.3.108 to work (with no luck connecting reliably to the satellite) and was so relieved that I was able to reinstall 2.5.2.104.

Message 58 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: New Firmware V2.5.3.108 for SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y(for Orbi Pro) Now Available!

Luckily I have the home with 1 RBR50, 3 RBS50, and 1 RBS40V so I can run the  1 SRR60, 1 SRS60, and 3 SRC60 for testing.

Message 59 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: New Firmware V2.5.3.108 for SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y(for Orbi Pro) Now Available!

 DaneA

 

This is what we all think about V2.5.3.108 and 2.5.2.104 :]

 

 

Message 60 of 90
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Satellite disconnection issue - SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y-

I have seen the same with the firmware. Satellite disconnection. Soon as I revert to 2.5.0.108 the issue resolves.

 

Hope this is sorted soon as I have just gone full in with Orbi for my new house purcahse and got another 2x SRC60's

 

 

Message 61 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: Satellite disconnection issue - SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y-

So is it a moderator or a bot that keeps removing my post? I can create my own message board as I have 2 Vbulletin license software.

Well, I know a lot of you guys are sitting tight and probably upset with all of the problems in the past with the other firmware. I really can’t discuss much on this beta firmware but, I’m pretty sure that Netgear won’t mind me mentioning how happy I am with this Beta firmware for the Orbi Pro.

1. So far, I notice remarkable connections and reliable solid connections to all devices and satellites!

2. I’ve noticed rock-solid speed that is accurate each time I ran the speed test, meaning no fluctuation.

3. No more detached devices showing in the control panel. Accurate reading on all devices in the control panel.

If I’m happy with the stabled high speeds I’m pretty sure everybody’s going to be very satisfied.

I’ve had the home version of the Orbi system when it first came out so I’m familiar with the performance It should be capable of and I can say I am happy!. When they release the new firmware I would highly recommend everybody to install it.

As a community that we can trust, I just wanted to clarify something up for the community.

Hope this information helped.
Message 62 of 90
Highlighted
Tutor
Tutor

Re: Satellite disconnection issue - SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y-

Good news Indeed.  Thank you for the update

Message 63 of 90
Highlighted
Guide

Re: Satellite disconnection issue - SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y-


@BIG9MM wrote:
So is it a moderator or a bot that keeps removing my post? I can create my own message board as I have 2 Vbulletin license software.

Well, I know a lot of you guys are sitting tight and probably upset with all of the problems in the past with the other firmware. I really can’t discuss much on this beta firmware but, I’m pretty sure that Netgear won’t mind me mentioning how happy I am with this Beta firmware for the Orbi Pro.

1. So far, I notice remarkable connections and reliable solid connections to all devices and satellites!

2. I’ve noticed rock-solid speed that is accurate each time I ran the speed test, meaning no fluctuation.

3. No more detached devices showing in the control panel. Accurate reading on all devices in the control panel.

If I’m happy with the stabled high speeds I’m pretty sure everybody’s going to be very satisfied.

I’ve had the home version of the Orbi system when it first came out so I’m familiar with the performance It should be capable of and I can say I am happy!. When they release the new firmware I would highly recommend everybody to install it.

As a community that we can trust, I just wanted to clarify something up for the community.

Hope this information helped.

Really appreciate the update. Our setup isn't complicated, but still very cautious after losing a day to the last upgrade disaster.

Message 64 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: Satellite disconnection issue - SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y-

I’m glad somebody stopped removing my post. I was at the point that I was considering putting my Vbulletin license software to use. One message board license software cost me over $600.00..

Anyways, I feel everybody’s pain as I went through the same thing and If I did not have the Orbi home running as well at the same time I really don’t think I would I’ve done the install with the previous issues in the past.

Another thing that I’m extremely happy about.. It was suggested to me to do a factory reset once the software Insulation was done, I decided against it so I could see how smooth the installation would go and if it would impact the performance. At this point I can confidently say no factory reset was required and devices are communicating flawlessly.

This is going to be the last post that I mention anything because I don’t want to cross the line on what’s going on behind the scenes so, I suggest everybody just kicking their feet up and relax at this point. I think people will be happy with the progress that was made at this point. 👍



Message 65 of 90
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Satellite disconnection issue - SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y-


@BIG9MM wrote:
I’m glad somebody stopped removing my post. I was at the point that I was considering putting my Vbulletin license software to use. One message board license software cost me over $600.00..

Anyways, I feel everybody’s pain as I went through the same thing and If I did not have the Orbi home running as well at the same time I really don’t think I would I’ve done the install with the previous issues in the past.

Another thing that I’m extremely happy about.. It was suggested to me to do a factory reset once the software Insulation was done, I decided against it so I could see how smooth the installation would go and if it would impact the performance. At this point I can confidently say no factory reset was required and devices are communicating flawlessly.

This is going to be the last post that I mention anything because I don’t want to cross the line on what’s going on behind the scenes so, I suggest everybody just kicking their feet up and relax at this point. I think people will be happy with the progress that was made at this point. 👍




 

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 66 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: Satellite disconnection issue - SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y-

Thanks for the update on the beta.  Mod, I definitely would love to be added to the test group on the next expansion.

Message 67 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: Satellite disconnection issue - SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y-

Hopefully they’re finishing up shortly as I like to see how this thing operates on the netgear Insight. So far very happy with the standalone beta software.

I have an intriguing question for the community. So far how many people use the Insight app to follow up with their satellites and router? The reason I’m asking this question is because I would assume it would be easier for Netgear just to function off of one Netgear Orbi app.

I would assume the biggest challenge between Orbi Home and Orbi Pro Is that Netgear Insight app coding. I would assume that since the units are practically Identical in hardware that they would both operate on the same Orbi app but the pro have more features available for purchase. Personally I wouldn’t have no issues of using two different apps if the functionality of the equipment would run smoother, just my opinion.
Message 68 of 90
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: Satellite disconnection issue - SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y-

Sadly I've never been able to get past the an error has occurred while processing request error in the Insights app.
Message 69 of 90
Highlighted
Aspirant

Betreff: New Firmware V2.5.3.108 for SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y(for Orbi Pro) Now Available!

I had the issue of Satellites constantly disconnecting with the new firmware.  I went back to v 2.5.2.104 on my router and all 5 sats and issue fixed.  Do not do the update.  If you did and have issues go back to old firmware.  Takes a few tries but it will fix it.  I was pulling my hair out for 3 days trying to figure it out.   

 

Does anyone know how to force the system to only do 2.4 ghz?  My internet is slow and with the size of my property I need range more than speed.


Thanks!

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 70 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

Betreff: New Firmware V2.5.3.108 for SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y(for Orbi Pro) Now Available!

 

V2.5.3.108 is removed and you can not update to V2.5.3.108..

 

This willl help for the 2.4 GHz,

 

login: https://www.routerlogin.com/

1. Advanced Setup

2. Advanced Wireless Settings (5GHz 802.11a/n/ac)

3.Transmit Power Control on the 5GHz, put to 25%


@Killermwd wrote:

I had the issue of Satellites constantly disconnecting with the new firmware.  I went back to v 2.5.2.104 on my router and all 5 sats and issue fixed.  Do not do the update.  If you did and have issues go back to old firmware.  Takes a few tries but it will fix it.  I was pulling my hair out for 3 days trying to figure it out.   

 

Does anyone know how to force the system to only do 2.4 ghz?  My internet is slow and with the size of my property I need range more than speed.


Thanks!


 

I would do this above and keep 5GHz on.

Enable Daisy-Chain Topology too.

 

 

Message 71 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

Betreff: New Firmware V2.5.3.108 for SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y(for Orbi Pro) Now Available!

It's hard to buy into the new NETGEAR Orbi Pro WiFi 6 Tri-Band Mesh System (SXK80) when we do not see a fix in the firmware with the old Orbi Pro. Netgear, send me a saving coupon for the SXK80.:] I would like to keep you guys updated with the new SXK80.

 

Help me, help you!

 

 

Message 72 of 90
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Satellite disconnection issue - SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y-

Hi All,

 

For the regression issue, we had been investigating and testing it, even pre-release to some of you. The issue esily happens when there are 5+ satellite. So, we have removed the problematic bugfix that causes side-effect in 2.5.3.108. Please upgrade to 2.5.3.110 for all of your APs.

 

For Orbi Pro WiFi 6 (SXK80), it has different codebase and SDK. So it is not impacted by the issue. If you find any new issue, please report to us.

Thanks.

 

Bruce

 

Message 73 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: Satellite disconnection issue - SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y-

SXK80 SSIDs separated? So another words if I allow everybody on the employee side to see each other then therefore the local network is isolated and the printer cannot be shared on the SXK80?
Message 74 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: Satellite disconnection issue - SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y-

“The issue esily happens when there are 5+ satellite.

What was it reflecting which part of the code was removed, may we ask? I know on 2.5.3.108 It was happening on a minimum of two satellites. It was like the back-hall would not stay stable.
Message 75 of 90
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements