Get Orbi Pro now

Orbi Pro Support

Login to discuss Orbi Pro

Highlighted
Guide

Re: New Firmware V2.5.3.108 for SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y(for Orbi Pro) Now Available!

For those who had trouble with the previous v2.5.3.108 update that was subsequently pulled, anyone try the v2.5.2.104 upgrade to v2.5.3.110 that just got posted?

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 76 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: New Firmware V2.5.3.108 for SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y(for Orbi Pro) Now Available!

I will tonight.. I know the beta works well so, I hope the new firmware works as well as the beta firmware.

Message 77 of 90
Highlighted
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Satellite disconnection issue - SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y-

@BIG9MM wrote:
SXK80 SSIDs separated? So another words if I allow everybody on the employee side to see each other then therefore the local network is isolated and the printer cannot be shared on the SXK80?

SXK80 has very similar SSIDs management as SRK60. We just moved "Guest Portal" to along with Wireless 1 ~ 3.

But we added VLAN features in SXK80. We moved the client isolation - "Allow employees/IoT devices to see each other and access my local network" to "VLAN / Bridge Settings" page(ADVANCED -> Advanced Setup). 

Wireless 2.png 

isolation.png

Network isolation is a subnet-wise isolation.  Client isolation means clients cannot reach to each other but Internet.

So please make sure client ioslation as OFF to allow everybody on the employee side to see each other and network isolation also as OFF to allow employees to access the printer in the local network. Is this clear?

Message 78 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

It’s clear enough for me to understand. I appreciate that information.

I think I went through your whole lineup with the Orbi and Orbi Pro generation 1 as I was trying to have the employees use their own printer without giving them access to the local printer. I know a lot of businesses would like the SSID Wi-Fi feature to keep the employees separate from each others departments.
Message 79 of 90
Highlighted
NETGEAR Expert

@BIG9MM wrote:

I think I went through your whole lineup with the Orbi and Orbi Pro generation 1 as I was trying to have the employees use their own printer without giving them access to the local printer. I know a lot of businesses would like the SSID Wi-Fi feature to keep the employees separate from each others departments.

In your case, you can put the local printer in Wireless 1, and have the employees and their own printer in Wireless 2. Set Wireless 2 to Employee VLAN. And turn on network isolation and turn off client isolation on Employee VLAN.

Message 80 of 90
Highlighted
Aspirant

Is there any chance of seeing VLAN capabilities being added to the SR range soon?

I know there are numerous topics about this already.

I can understand it not being a part of the home series but it doesnt make sense on the pro. Especially as it seems VLAN support is on the SX range.

Message 81 of 90
Highlighted
Aspirant

I actually didn't have problems with v2.5.3.108, but when I upgraded to v2.5.3.110, I would get notifications in Insight that my satellite was disconnecting every 5 or 10 mins, regularly. 

Message 82 of 90
Highlighted
Guide

@wmiyazaki wrote:

I actually didn't have problems with v2.5.3.108, but when I upgraded to v2.5.3.110, I would get notifications in Insight that my satellite was disconnecting every 5 or 10 mins, regularly. 

That's pretty bad - can you tell whether any devices connected to that satellite were actually dropping the connection?

Message 83 of 90
Highlighted
Aspirant

Well, nothing changed except for the firmware update. What's connected to the satellite are generally: Apple TV, Sonos speakers. And those are generally "off" as we don't go to that area of the house much.

It disconnects every 5 mins (else an interval of 5 mins).

Message 84 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi,  I am not the extpert, but a Netgear Support Tech told me that the 2.5.3.108.20200812 was a Beta firmware.  And Insight detected that....and that dropped the insight link.  One you upgraded to the 2.5.3.110 - that is a production code.  and hence you now have connectivty restored to Insight.

Does that make sense? I believe you can change the frequency of notifications in Insight.....

I cant use Insight or Orbi apps.  I have chaned the UID  - Its not admin.

That is a diferent story.

Cheers

dH

Message 85 of 90
Highlighted
Star

I am also experiencing DNS drops which I thought were fixed in V2.5.3.108.

I can't yet put my finger on it - so please take my comments lightly.

It's intermitent, but I am getting "server not found" issues on sites like cnn.com or microsoft.

Needs more testing on my end.

I tried to download V2.5.3.108, but the site doesn't even reference it. Could you provide a link?

Message 86 of 90
Highlighted
Star

I see.. tha't explains why I can't get a 108 link anymore

Message 87 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

@Leia wrote:

@BIG9MM wrote:

In your case, you can put the local printer in Wireless 1, and have the employees and their own printer in Wireless 2. Set Wireless 2 to Employee VLAN. And turn on network isolation and turn off client isolation on Employee VLAN.

I am running a BR500 with my Orbi pro and was thinking of setting up a VLAN and adding one more Orbi Pro on the BR500 so the WI-FI would be isolated. :]

Excellent, I think you understand what I was trying to do without all of the hard wiring. :]

Message 88 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

I am running 2.5.3.110..

Guys, I did not add my back to the insight app. Try to remove the Orbi from the Insight and see how it works for a week as I did. Then next week, add it back to Insight to see how well it works. 

When I was running the 2.5.3.108.20200812 software it did not let me add it to the Insight. I do not know why they did not let us test the 2.5.3.108.20200812 with Insight. I feel someone dropped the ball.

This is how I am doing my  testing on the ORBI PRO.

1. I ran the  2.5.3.108.20200812 standalone without it on the Insight and was happy!

2.  I am now running the standalone 2.5.3.110  for a week with outputting it back on the Insight and still happy.

3. The last test I was going to do before I let Netgear know that all is OK is to run it on the Insight for a week. 

At this point for now, I feel that the standalone software 2.5.3.110 is as good as the 2.5.3.108.20200812 on the standalone software without putting it on the Insight.

I will give you my feedback next week about running the Orbi on the Netgear Insight. 

Message 89 of 90
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hello,

Just to see if you have any luck to fix this issue?

I'm having the same issue.

Thanks,

patrick

Message 90 of 90
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements