Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upgrade from Orbi Pro SRR60

igxer
Aspirant

Upgrade from Orbi Pro SRR60

I am using ORBI pro with 4 sattelite. I need to upgrade to WI-FI 6 System. I need to know that and I use SRR60 with the RBK853 system. or can I combine with AP mode.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Upgrade from Orbi Pro SRR60

The Orbi Pro will not be compatible with Orbi AX. You could setup the Orbi Pro in AP mode and have a separate SSID network. I recommend keeping the channels between each system far appart. I.e. Orbi Pro set to channel 1 on 2.4Ghz and Orbi AX to channel 11. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

The Orbi Pro will not be compatible with Orbi AX. You could setup the Orbi Pro in AP mode and have a separate SSID network. I recommend keeping the channels between each system far appart. I.e. Orbi Pro set to channel 1 on 2.4Ghz and Orbi AX to channel 11. 

Message 2 of 6
igxer
Aspirant

By this solution, Let's say I have "SSID-RBK853" and "SSID-SRK60". If I run web server connect to "SSID-RBK853". and some of client connect to "SSID-SRK60".

Some addition question.
1. Will it can communicate each other?
2. Will it get same ip class? and get fix ip from RBK853 router.
3. ORBI app, I need to seperate setting of 2 router. am I right?

I would like to buy more SRS60 satellite to make network more stable but If possible I would like to buy RBK853 instead and combine it together.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

@igxer wrote:

By this solution, Let's say I have "SSID-RBK853" and "SSID-SRK60". If I run web server connect to "SSID-RBK853". and some of client connect to "SSID-SRK60".

Some addition question.
1. Will it can communicate each other? If you put the Orbi Pro into AP mode yes. 
2. Will it get same ip class? and get fix ip from RBK853 router. Yes. Or you can set a manual Static IP address on the SRR router in ap mode. I recommend using 192.168.1.60. Set the default IP address pool on the RBR850 to 192.168.100 to .200. Need to keep static IP addressed devices out side of the default IP address pool on the main host router. 
3. ORBI app, I need to seperate setting of 2 router. am I right? No sure about this. 

I would like to buy more SRS60 satellite to make network more stable but If possible I would like to buy RBK853 instead and combine it together. Having too many RBS or too much wifi signals in one location can be problematic. Just be careful. 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Message 4 of 6
igxer
Aspirant

Thank you for the helpful information.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats