Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Conflicting IP address? (NETGEAR AX4200 Orbi WiFi 6 )

trmoore2
Aspirant

Conflicting IP address? (NETGEAR AX4200 Orbi WiFi 6 )

Total layperson when it comes to networking!  My Orbi (NETGEAR AX4200)  

V4.6.5.14_2.0.54

crashes every 3-4 weeks.  Even after a reset of the modem (Netgear Model # CM1000V2) and Orbi router, my hardwired devices will not work. (the wifi usually contines to work).  I have to unplug all of my hard wired cables on my "16 port unmanaged  Netgear GS316 switch."   I reconnect them one by one and this usually fixes the problem.

I've been told i have a duplicate IP address conflict?  When I go to the http://orbilogin.net site and check the IP addresses, they seem to be no duplicate IP addresses.  I have approximately 20 hard wired devices (thermostats, Roku's, destop computer, etc).   Any solution for this problem?   

Thanks, Tom

Message 1 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Conflicting IP address? (NETGEAR AX4200 Orbi WiFi 6 )

Can you take a screen shot of this error message and attach it so we can see it.
Message 2 of 9
trmoore2
Aspirant

There is no “error Message.” A couple of people have mentioned that is the most likely reason. I could be wrong.
Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

How many wireled and wireless devices do you have all contected at one time? 

Does this happen if you remove the switch from the mix? 

Message 4 of 9
Marnli789
Aspirant

@trmoore2 wrote:

Total layperson when it comes to networking!  My Orbi (NETGEAR AX4200)  

V4.6.5.14_2.0.54

crashes every 3-4 weeks.  Even after a reset of the modem (Netgear Model # CM1000V2) and Orbi router, my hardwired devices will not work. (the wifi usually contines to work).  I have to unplug all of my hard wired cables on my "16 port unmanaged  Netgear GS316 switch."   I reconnect them one by one and this usually fixes the problem. MyAARPMedicare

I've been told i have a duplicate IP address conflict?  When I go to the http://orbilogin.net site and check the IP addresses, they seem to be no duplicate IP addresses.  I have approximately 20 hard wired devices (thermostats, Roku's, destop computer, etc).   Any solution for this problem?   

Thanks, Tom

The Netgear Orbi is technically a set of two or more wifi routers that can connect to your existing modem or router (provided by your ISP) to help blanket your home or apartment in Wi-Fi. There are also several Orbi models that include three wifi units to increase the coverage area.

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Actually there is only 1 wifi router...there are 1 or more wifi APs in a MESH configuration that can be spred out to cover areas of the home or building. 

Message 6 of 9
trmoore2
Aspirant

20 wired devices, but only using 2 or 3 at a time.  I've replaced the switch, but the problem still occurs once in 3 or 4 weeks.

Message 7 of 9
trmoore2
Aspirant

I have 2 sattellites.  They don't seem to be the problem.  More or an IP problem?

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

You might review this and consider updating FW:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR750-RBS750-Firmware-Version-v...

If you do, please read the very first post in it's entirity. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7