Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware stuck

gerardo8a
Aspirant

Firmware stuck

Today a new firmware showed up so I did click on the upgrade firmware, after upgrading the main router and one satellite show the latest firmware V4.6.9.11 but one shows the previous one v4.6.8.5 in the current version column and in the status it says with a link V4.6.3.16

Then I decided to download the firmware and apply it to that satellite manually, which I did and then the table shows like this

Model Name Device Name Current Firmware Version Status
RouterRBR850RBR850V4.6.9.11No New Firmware Available
SatelliteRBS850Orbi Satellite-1V4.6.9.11No New Firmware Available
SatelliteRBS850Orbi Satellite-2V4.6.9.11 V4.6.3.16

Why it wants to update to an old version?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware stuck

After you loaded FW on the RBS first then RBR lastly, did you power OFF the units for 1 minute then back ON. 

Just seems like the status is falsely reporting the prior FW version and hasn't fully updated yet. 

@gerardo8a wrote:

Today a new firmware showed up so I did click on the upgrade firmware, after upgrading the main router and one satellite show the latest firmware V4.6.9.11 but one shows the previous one v4.6.8.5 in the current version column and in the status it says with a link V4.6.3.16

Then I decided to download the firmware and apply it to that satellite manually, which I did and then the table shows like this

Router RBR850 RBR850 V4.6.9.11 No New Firmware Available
Satellite RBS850 Orbi Satellite-1 V4.6.9.11 No New Firmware Available
Satellite RBS850 Orbi Satellite-2 V4.6.9.11  V4.6.3.16

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
iyang
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @gerardo8a ,

Could you share the screen shot in firmware update page ?

Thanks.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

After you loaded FW on the RBS first then RBR lastly, did you power OFF the units for 1 minute then back ON. 

Just seems like the status is falsely reporting the prior FW version and hasn't fully updated yet. 

@gerardo8a wrote:

Router RBR850 RBR850 V4.6.9.11 No New Firmware Available
Satellite RBS850 Orbi Satellite-1 V4.6.9.11 No New Firmware Available
Satellite RBS850 Orbi Satellite-2 V4.6.9.11  V4.6.3.16

Message 3 of 5
gerardo8a
Aspirant

The problem was the RBR , it needed to be rebooted . for some reason it kept reporting the wrong version, I also rebooted the satellites i believe they need it to to report back, anyway rebooting all after an update make things work again
thanks!
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7