Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Force Daisy Chain on a AX4200 RBS750 satellite

Jeremycoppey
Aspirant

Force Daisy Chain on a AX4200 RBS750 satellite

Hi experts,

I have a setup with 1 AX4200 RBR 750 router and 2 RBS 750 satellites.

Firmware version: V4.6.5.14_2.0.54

1 satellite is connected with a wired backhaul to the router, the second one is a wireless backhaul (located in the shed further away from the router then the wired satellite).

Recently the wireless one always connects to the router in 2.4Ghz and with a weak connection.

In the past it was always wirless connected to the wired satelite in 5Ghz and a good connection.

My question is since i'm on V4.6.5.14_2.0.54 can we force daisy chaining as I see on older frimware version (screenshots) where you can checkbox this option.

I'm recently also encountering connection drops on my devices connected on the satellites.

Kind regards

Jérémy

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Force Daisy Chain on a AX4200 RBS750 satellite

What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Then power OFF the wireless RBS for 1 minute then back ON, it should connect to the other RBS...

Orbi AX systems never had Daisy Chain options in the FW UI. 

Message 2 of 8
Jeremycoppey
Aspirant

Thanks Furry,

I already did al those steps based on posts I found in this community, non of them helped.

Is there no other magic trick? Or do we just wait for another FW release where they will fix those bugs (It worked perfectly in the past)

Kind regards

Jérémy

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)?

Message 4 of 8
Jeremycoppey
Aspirant

Router to Wired satellite (office :in the same house 3 walls in between): 9 meters

Router to Wireless satellite (shed: 4 walls and 1 very good insulated exterior wall) : 24 meters

Wired Satellite to Wireless satellite: 14 meters

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

If you turn OFF the RBR for 1 minute then back On, does the farthest RBS connect to the other RBS? 

Message 6 of 8
Jeremycoppey
Aspirant

Dear Furry,

I did that nothing happend.

He still connected to the router

Any other solutions?

Kind regards

Jérémy

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Running out of ideas. 

Contact NG support and see if they can help on this. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7