Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My router resets or loses connection

kunj75
Follower

My router resets or loses connection

I have the exact same router and the exact same problem. I went to L2 support and now they want me to go with Engineering support to continue figuring out what is happening. I have roughly 50 or so IOT devices (light switches, cameras, speakers...) and they just cannot connect (or some do, but most don't). And when I reboot the router, I usually cannot connect from the phones in the house. I was sent a replacement router, but it does the exact same thing. I am not sure what I am expected to do, but I will see if I need to talk with the L3 support and figure something out. I have bought another expensive router from a competitor - and it is working flawlessly. Very frustrated and running out of patience. 

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: My router resets or loses connection

What Orbi model do you have? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

Are you using the IoT SSID broadcast for your IoT devices or just the main wireless SSID broadcast? 

How many devices do you have connected? 

Do you have the 6Ghz separate SSID broadcast enabled? 

What channels are you using? 
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7