Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI 6000 satellite now showing up. Can't update Satellite Firmware & use ethernet

denbee
Follower

ORBI 6000 satellite now showing up. Can't update Satellite Firmware & use ethernet

I am getting blazing wifi speeds with my new ORBI 6000. I updated to the latest firmware on the base station.  However, the satellite does not show up on the computer software.   It says disconnected.  The firmware updater says it is waiting for a connection, so updating the firmware is not going to work.  The satellite seemed to set up correctly and showed a blue light, both at the base station and when I moved it 25 feet away.   However, the satellite is not working because the ethernet ports are dead.  I did a reset.  Same problem. 

The base good unit as I have fairly good internet speed three floors up, but I want ethernet connection because some computers don't have WIFI 6.  

What is the problem?

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI 6000 satellite now showing up. Can't update Satellite Firmware & use ethernet

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Power off the RBS and put it out at 30 feet or more. 25ft is too close to the RBR. 

Might need to bring to the same room and the RBR and re-sync it. 
Remove the RBS entry on the RBRs web page by selecting REMOVE. Then press the sync button on the RBS then on the RBR. Give it 5 minutes for it to sync and connect. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI 6000 satellite now showing up. Can't update Satellite Firmware & use ethernet

Any progress on this? 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7