Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBS 750 not found

BF-2023
Follower

ORBI RBS 750 not found

I am reaching out to this Netgear Community in the hope of support with a recent issue with one of my ORBI satellites. This was one of two satellites which came with my RBK 753 system (1 router, 2 satellites). I purchased this set in March 2021 after having had a previous ORBI system.

A week or two ago the wifi seemed to drop out in parts of the house and I have now identified it as the first satellite on the mesh 'daisy chain'; which meant the second satellite dropped out too as it is too far from the router and was previously connecting to the first satellite. 

I have removed the satellite and hit the reset button and tried re-connecting it to the router via the app, logging in via the browser and using the sync buttons on the router and satellite. The white light flashes on the satellite, but it won't connect. No blue, magenta or amber lights - it just doesn't connect. The app says satellite not found. 

I can't access direct Netgear support; so was wondering what this might be. Is this a glitch that can be fixed or is this possibly damaged hardware? 

Any help would be great as we now have a gap in our wifi coverage across the home. Thanks. 

User BF-2023 (04-11-2023)

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBS 750 not found

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6A STP is recommended. 

What does the RBRs web page report for the RBS? 

Be sure that RBS FW is on same level version as the RBR.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR📡 and RBS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wired or wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite ‌‌🛰

Be sure to disable any MAC Address randomizers on phones and pads while at home:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7