Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

One of the two RBS750 not connecting as a satellite

Flash13
Aspirant

One of the two RBS750 not connecting as a satellite

I am having an issue with one of my RBS750 satellite which for some reason is not being recognized as a satellite by the RBR750 router. I have tried resetting the satellite as well as the Router, connecting them via cable, even tried the 30-30-30 reset option, but it was of no help. The router and the one satellite that is connecting are on the latest FW Verizon, but I am not sure why all of a sudden one of the satellites would stop connecting, I am not sure what the FW version of the satellite that is not connecting. Nor do I see any option to update its FW. Please let me know your suggestions if someone had the same issue and was able to resolve it. Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: One of the two RBS750 not connecting as a satellite

Try admin and just plain password to see that logs you in?

What happens if you select the REMOVE button on the RBRs web page, then factory reset the #2 RBS and sync it manually using the sync button on the RBS then on the RBR? I would Turn OFF the 1st RBS and bring the 2nd RBS to same room or near the RBR for this. 

Please edit out any MAC addresses or product serial numbers before posting in public forums for security reasons.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9

All Replies
plemans
Guru

what do you mean its not recognized as a satellite? 

what is it showing? 

What actual firmware is on both the satellites and the router? (not the latest, that doesn't help)

what happens if you try hardwiring the satellite into the router and syncing it? 

what modem/gateway is the router connected to? 

What  method of connection are you using for the satellite? A wired backhaul? Using the wireless backhaul?

Message 2 of 9
Flash13
Aspirant

This is how it show up
Message 3 of 9
Flash13
Aspirant

hi,

The verison is V4.6.5.14 on RBR750 and RBS750 (the one that connects). the one RBS750 that doesn't connect might be on a lower version but i cant find a way to update it. Also i tried connecting it via wireless as well as through the ethernet cable to the router RBR750 but it still doesn't show up as a satellite in the orbi app or the web interface. it comes up as another Netgear device as seen in the  attached screen shot. thanks.

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Whats the IP address reported thats seen on the Orbi app for that device if you select it? 

Message 5 of 9
Flash13
Aspirant

hi FURRYe38,

Sorry for the delayed response, I had given up on this, but today i thought of giving it another try. The ip that shows up is 10.0.0.29, when i try to connect it, it will ask me for a username and password which for some reason its not accepting.

I cant even manually update or check the Firmware version as it doesn’t show up on the Web interface of the Orbi router. I have tried resetting it multiple times but its of no help.  Attached is the picture of how it looks in the web interface.

once thing i noticed today is that if i switch off my Wifi in the laptop and connect my laptop to the satellite via network cable it does connect to internet, i even see a blue light after blinking white light when i power it up. but i am not sure why its not acting as a satellite.non functional satelite.non functional satelite.

I don't see the non-functional satellite here and i cant check its Firmware version.

dont see the other satellite heredont see the other satellite here

Please help. Thank you in advance.

regards,

mahesh

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Try admin and just plain password to see that logs you in?

What happens if you select the REMOVE button on the RBRs web page, then factory reset the #2 RBS and sync it manually using the sync button on the RBS then on the RBR? I would Turn OFF the 1st RBS and bring the 2nd RBS to same room or near the RBR for this. 

Please edit out any MAC addresses or product serial numbers before posting in public forums for security reasons.

Message 7 of 9
Flash13
Aspirant

hi  FURRYe38,

Thank you. it worked, i tried the plain password to login into the non-functioning satellite and found out that it was on a higher version than the other RBS (Satellite ) and RBR (Router) which were connecting. I then updated its Firmware to match it with the firmware of the working RBS and then did a factory reset of the RBS after the firmware was updated. I then rebooted the router and all the satellites and it automatically synced with the router. 

Thank you for all the help :).

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7