Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi 750s lost satellite during firmware update

laltaffer
Aspirant

Orbi 750s lost satellite during firmware update

One of my satellites is no longer connecting. This started two firmware updates ago and I think the one sat didn't get updated. Now it won't sync or connect no matter which tool (app or website) I use.  Occasionally I get it to show as one of the devices but it says its not connected. 

any tips on how to for an update to a satellite ? 

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi 750s lost satellite during firmware update

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10

All Replies
plemans
Guru

have you tried hardwiring it into the router? 

Message 2 of 10
laltaffer
Aspirant

I have it hardwired to the router. But it only shows up as a connected device, no different than my PS5. I got its IP address but none of the admin/PW combos seem to work. Took the one from the bottom of the satellite it won't work. 

Any ideas on what to do next?

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Be sure the RBS was updated first before the RBR.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 4 of 10
laltaffer
Aspirant

I have not done a full RBR + RBS factory reset. I have hit and held the RESET button on the RBS but that doesn't seem to have done much for me. Currently I don't see any way for me to check on the firmware of the RBS in question. It shows up as a wired connection but not as another satellite so it doesn't give me any more information than it does when showing my phone is connected. 

The RBR and RBS that are working correctly are running V4.6.5.14_2.0.54

To do a full factory reset do I need to unplug everything for a day? I think I read that somewhere and honestly not sure I can do that. I'd have to go get another set to run in the interim. If not what are the steps to do a factory reset?

Also its worth noting that the 'bad' RBS does occasionally do the white light blinking, which I have read means bad firmware.. I just have not found a way to get it connected so I can manually update it

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Press the reset button the RBR and RBS for 15 seconds then release. Walk thru the setup wizard. I would wirelessly sync the RBS to the RBR with the RBR near or in same room as the RBR and ensure it syncs fully and the front BLUE LED turns OFF. Then place back in remote location. 

You may want to consider updating FW as well:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR750-RBS750-Firmware-Version-4...

Message 6 of 10
laltaffer
Aspirant

Am I correct in thinking that if I do the reset I should do it with both RBS's and the RBR? Rather than just the 'bad' RBS and then RBR

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What I mentioned in my response. Follow that process. 

Message 8 of 10
laltaffer
Aspirant

Got it all working by updating the firmware first on the two devices I could update. Once that happened the second RBS showed up and already had the latest firmware.

Thank you for all of the help 

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7