Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi 760S Device / Network Uptime

GarryJKing73
Aspirant

Orbi 760S Device / Network Uptime

For some reason the uptime displayed either within the router stats or the debug dont display the correct uptime, seems to think it only been up for 1 or 2 hours when in reality it hasnt been switched offf, so even the device uptime is incorrect as well as the network uptimes.

Has anyone else noticed this ? thanks.

Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi 760S Device / Network Uptime

What browser are you using? 

Does this happen in a different browser? MS Edge or FireFox?

Please post screen captures of the debug page and show stats page in you next post please. 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 2 of 10
GarryJKing73
Aspirant

What browser are you using?  Firefox

Does this happen in a different browser? MS Edge or FireFox? I will try edge and let you know.

Please post screen captures of the debug page and show stats page in you next post please. 

GarryJKing73_0-1710516474975.png

What Firmware version is currently loaded? V6.3.8.5_1.4.80
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? BT  and ONT from BT
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. brand new CAT 6

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update? Yes that fixes the issue for around 24 hours then the uptime stays at 1-2hrs
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence: Tried all the restart procedure see above comment.
Turn off and unplug modem. Tried that
Turn off router and computers.Tried that
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect. Tried that
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.Tried that
Turn on computers and rest of network.Tried that

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 3 of 10
GarryJKing73
Aspirant

Tried a different browser and it makes no difference.

After a reboot of everything the uptime reports up to approx 20-24 hours then defaults back to 1 hour and stays there for the duration.

GarryJKing73_0-1710682848207.png

Message 4 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What all do you have connected. 

Is there a BT router connected to the ONT and the RBR connected to this router or is the RBR directly connected to the ONT? 

There model #s for the BT hardware, i.e. Router and ONT? 

Looking at the debug page, CPU usage seems a bit high. 
Wondering if you power cycle the RBR or do a factory reset and setup from scratch. Take a snap shot of the debug page here along with the show stats page. Then see if this happens again. If you can,  monitor the debug page and CPU usage. IF you see the CPU usage seem to climb to a higher value and the RBR seems to reboot or the show stats page changes, compare the show stats page against the debug page. Take not of CPU usage as well. Wondering if the CPU is getting high enough the RBR maybe rebooting. 

Does the RBR feel extra warm or hot at all? 

Message 5 of 10
GarryJKing73
Aspirant

The RBR is connected directly to the BT ONT

Note sure what the model number of the ONT is ?

RBR is warm but i would not say hot.

I will try a power cycle later and take note of the stats.

Also i will try a full factory reset later this week and again post stats.

You mention high CPU usage but what is high ? ideally what percentage usage should i be looking for ?

Message 6 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Generally, single digits CPU values, to maybe low 10's or teens. I don't have this system so I can't make a great comparison but from others postings and my own other Orbi 750, 850 and 9 series, most of them all hang in the range I mentioned. If we seem to see a creep upwards into the 20s, 30s and beyond, this could be some bad behavior in the system and could lead to seeing bad behavior or if the CPU gets to high, means the CPU temp could be high as well and over time, will damge the unit. Lets try to avoid this if we can.  

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress or updates on this? 

@GarryJKing73 wrote:

The RBR is connected directly to the BT ONT

Note sure what the model number of the ONT is ?

RBR is warm but i would not say hot.

I will try a power cycle later and take note of the stats.

Also i will try a full factory reset later this week and again post stats.

You mention high CPU usage but what is high ? ideally what percentage usage should i be looking for ?

Message 8 of 10
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello FURRYe38,

Thank you for the information on CPU load values. However, in this case the CPU that is seen by @GarryJKing73 is expected.

Best,
Kevin
Community Team
Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Would like to know if thats with all Orbi features enabled, like Armor, SPC and Traffic Meter, IPv6 and maybe Guest Network all running at the same time? Just kind seems a bit high and I would presume if these features were not enabled, the CPU usage seems like would be much lower running normally. 

@KevinLiT 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series