Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBKE963 router solid white LED for over a week, but working fine.

MrJamison
Aspirant

Orbi RBKE963 router solid white LED for over a week, but working fine.

Title says it all. I have had this for a while now and it is working as expected. The other day, I went to the closet and noticed that the router had a solid white led. Not flashing, but solid. It has been a week now, and the light is still solid white. This is after multiple reboots and power cycling. 

The network in the house is good, the Wi-Fi is working as expected and I cannot find anything wrong. The router is running the latest FW so I am at a loss. All the documentation says that a solid white light means "The router is resetting to its factory default settings". 

It is just strange and annoying. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBKE963 router solid white LED for over a week, but working fine.

Nope. 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6A STP is recommended. 

Message 2 of 8
MrJamison
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply FURRYe38.

• I am using 2.5GB Frontier Fiber. The ONT and Moca are the same as the day they were installed (not at home atm to check model), just the Orbi LED behavior is new. 
  • No new equipment and the cables are Cat6A from Eaton. 
  • Router is RBRE960 running FW v6.3.7.10. FW check reveals no new FW available. 
Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Is the ONT and MoCA HW new?

You mention the front LED as new behavior. Had the front LED been OFF before? 

Message 4 of 8
MrJamison
Aspirant

The MOCA and ONT have been installed for about 7 months. The front LED was always off before if memory serves. It would be solid or flashing white after booting up or a manual sync, but then go off. Staying on and white 24/7 is new. I do not look at the router very often, because it is in a guest room. I may only see it once or twice a month. When I switched to Frontier, I spent some time in that closet organizing and I am certain that LED was not static before. 

In the end, everything is working as expected, so maybe I just ignore it and see if it ever turns off after the next FW update. I was hoping someone else had the same behavior and could explain it. 

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

When you power cycled, did you power cycle the ONT and MoCa adapters as well as the RBR? 

Seems like the status code for the front LED isn't getting set to normal for some reason. Maybe is some odd state or something is preventing it from clearing and going to normal and OFF. 

When was the last time the RBR and factory reset and setup from scratch?

Message 6 of 8
MrJamison
Aspirant

I think you're right. It is in that state stuck somehow. Full reset is the only thing I have not done yet. I was not pressured to do it because it is working fine. I will plan on doing that this weekend and report back. I appreciate all the help. 

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds good. No rush to FR if you can on the weekend. Power cycle the ONT/MoCa as well. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7