Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR 850 and ORBI RBS850 Ping on wired desktop computer good???

muusicman
Aspirant

Orbi RBR 850 and ORBI RBS850 Ping on wired desktop computer good???

I have the RBR850 Router and RBS850 Satellite. I have my PC directly wired from the router to the Ethernet port on the back of the PC tower. The speeds are good. 943.72 down and 939.08 up. I have Fiber. However it seems that when I stream from for example right now I’m watching stuff on HBO Max… from time to time it loads real slow. Almost like the connection drops or something. I’m using a wired Roku which is also connected directly to the router. Some stuff I do have on an Ethernet Switch but not the Roku. It’s a model 4640X Roku Ultra. When I do a speed test on it it says it’s getting 93 Mbps. I think the max on this device is 100. I could be wrong. I am willing to answer any questions. I’m most looking for some advice. Also, it tends to happen on wifi as well. My iPad and iPhone.
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR 850 and ORBI RBS850 Ping on wired desktop computer good???

@muusicman wrote:
 It’s a model 4640X Roku Ultra. When I do a speed test on it it says it’s getting 93 Mbps. I think the max on this device is 100.

This is correct. See this web site:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1292119-REG/roku_4640r_ultra_streaming_player.html/specs 

This old Roku has a 10/100 Ethernet port, which limits speed to (slightly under) 100Mbps.

It could be that the WiFi performance will be greater than the wired performance.

Although.... streaming 4K video requires approximately 25Mbps.  It may take a while to start streaming, but one it begins the speed limitation should have no effect.

Message 2 of 3
muusicman
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBR 850 and ORBI RBS850 Ping on wired desktop computer good???

I guess I just assumed everything would be lightning fast with fiber internet.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7