Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 Satellite not working as measured

RobDal
Follower

Orbi RBR50 Satellite not working as measured

I wanted to test the satellite before I moved it upstairs.

For testing I have the Orbi RBR50 router in my den and am using a WiFi signal strength app. The dBm app range is -70 to -10.  When I am near the router, the strengh is -10.  

I setup the satellite in the next room which is about 25 feet away.  As I walk into that room toward the satellite the the needle moves down to about -65.  If I turn the satellite off the needle does not move, which indicates to me the satellite is not functioning.

Trouble shooting steps taken

Turning the satellite on and off

Press the synch button on the satellite then on the router.

Does anyone have any advise for me?

Is there a setting I am missing in the  router?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 Satellite not working as measured

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Be sure that your testing device(s) is connected to the RBS. Check the RBS web page to see if anything is connected at the RBS. 
Disable any wifi radios on wifi devices for 10 seconds then re-enable while the device is nearest to the RBS. Some device will maintain connections to the RBR or other wifi signals and won't connect to the nearest signal unless you disable the wifi radio on the device. 

How many RBS are deployed? 
What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router 📡 and satellite(s)🛰️? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR 📡 and RBS 🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wired or wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite ‌‌🛰

What channel configurations are currently set on the router?  

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series