Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Pb couverture wifi avec satelittes orbi

Loul01
Aspirant

Pb couverture wifi avec satelittes orbi

Bonjour, 

j'ai installé un routeur RBR850 ainsi que 3 satellites dont 2 cablés en RJ45 dans notre maison.

Nous n'avons que très peu de réseau à l'étage et au sous-sol, malgré la présence de satellites. Les enfants n'arrivent pas à utiliser convenablement leurs ordinateurs.

Ce que j'ai pu constater, sans pouvoir l'expliquer : 

- les 3 satellites sont reconnus par l'application Orbi, mais sont tous déclarés comme cablés alors qu'un ne l'est pas,

- tous les périphériques sont connectés au routeur, d'où la perte de signal à l'étage [même si l'on réinitialise la recherche de réseau des appareils pour "forcer" l'apairage au satellite sans succès]

- certains périphériques sont réputés comme cablés au routeur alors qu'ils sont tous connectés en wifi 

Merci d'avance pour votre aide

Cordialement

Laurent

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Loul01
Aspirant

Re: Pb couverture wifi avec satelittes orbi

Let me first thank you for the provided support.

I solved my issue by noticing the firmware was very old and heterogeneous across Satelittes and Routeur. I upgraded each componenent one by one manually, starting with the Satelittes then reseted the routeur and reconfigured the network.

Now this is properly recognizing my devices on each Satelitte and Routeur 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

en anglais s'il vous plaît

Message 2 of 8
Loul01
Aspirant

Here it is - sorry for the french 😉

I installed an RBR850 router and 3 satellites, 2 of which are wired through RJ45 in our house. Despite the presence of a satellite per floor, we do have very little network upstairs and in the basement. The children cannot use their computers properly, because of network disruptions.

What I have noticed, without being able to explain it:
- the 3 satellites are recognised by the Orbi application, but are all declared as wired, whereas one is not,
- all devices are connected to the router, even if they're located on the first floor, hence the loss of signal on the floor [even if you reset the network search of the devices to "force" pairing to the satellite without success].
- some devices are deemed to be wired to the router when they are all connected to wifi (eg mobile phone, iPad, Bose Sound System...)

It is like of the Satellites are not working. Could you help me with the trouble shooting ?

I have Orange, french telco operator, as a box not bridged, but disabled wifi and the RBR set-up in AP mode, with fixed IP adress.

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Laurent

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

@Loul01 wrote:

Here it is - sorry for the french 😉

I installed an RBR850 router and 3 satellites, 2 of which are wired through RJ45 in our house. Despite the presence of a satellite per floor, we do have very little network upstairs and in the basement. The children cannot use their computers properly, because of network disruptions.
What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What I have noticed, without being able to explain it:
- the 3 satellites are recognised by the Orbi application, but are all declared as wired, whereas one is not, <This one RBS, can you take it to the same room as the RBR and ethernet connect it there to see if it syncs via wired connection? 
- all devices are connected to the router, even if they're located on the first floor, hence the loss of signal on the floor [even if you reset the network search of the devices to "force" pairing to the satellite without success].
- some devices are deemed to be wired to the router when they are all connected to wifi (eg mobile phone, iPad, Bose Sound System...)

It is like of the Satellites are not working. Could you help me with the trouble shooting ?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

I have Orange, french telco operator, as a box not bridged, but disabled wifi and the RBR set-up in AP mode, with fixed IP adress.

Message 4 of 8
Loul01
Aspirant

I can connect the RBS with RJ45 and it is recognized, but the real location has no RJ45 accessible.

The distance between the routeur and satellites is greater than 45 feet

The house is around 2745 square feets over 3 floor, which means 915 square feet per floor

The router is on the ground floor, 1 satelitte upstairs, 1 in the basement and 1 in the kitchen, as this is the place with the least coverage

the version is V3.2.18.1

Hope this helps

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you try reducing the distance in between the RBR and the Kitchen RBS? Turn OFF the other two RBS leaving the kitchen RBS on. Keep checking the status as you move the kitchen RBS around or a bit closer.

Is WMM enabled Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings on the RBR?

Message 6 of 8
Loul01
Aspirant

Let me first thank you for the provided support.

I solved my issue by noticing the firmware was very old and heterogeneous across Satelittes and Routeur. I upgraded each componenent one by one manually, starting with the Satelittes then reseted the routeur and reconfigured the network.

Now this is properly recognizing my devices on each Satelitte and Routeur 

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7