Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBKE960 power adapters needed or model number for power adapter needed

69matrix69
Tutor

RBKE960 power adapters needed or model number for power adapter needed

I just moved from PA to SC and my movers lost some of my things as they shipped a 2nd load with my stuff. I unpacked my Orbi RBKE 963 router and 2 satellites but I can't find the power adapters for all 3 of the Orbi's. I tried buying the adapters from Amazon, then here

https://www.battery-vendor.com/original-19v-orbi-960-series-quad-band-wifi-6e-mesh-system-charger-17...

But neither worked and I had to wait a couple weeks for the 2nd option just to be disappointed. So I thought I would try here before I bought a universal power supply. (something I don't want to do) I'm currently using the wifi from my ISP and it suxs so I'm looking to get this issue fixed as soon as possible. 

The first two power adapters I got were the right voltage and amps (3.16A 19V) but the barrel to plug into the router or satellite is too small. Thank you for any help.

Message 1 of 26

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBKE960 power adapters needed or model number for power adapter needed

Ok, Good news, this particular PS arrived to day and has correct sized plug that works for the 960 series:

https://www.amazon.com/Kircuit-Compatible-332-11588-01-3321158801-PY321200536/dp/B0CH3FW3HS

I was only able to connect and power ON for a short while. I'll be sending this back. 

Hopefully this is a good alternative for users that may need one if the stock PS goes back or gets lost or damaged. 

This may work for NGs CAX80 gateway modem and RAXE500 router as well since these two have same larger barrel center pin as the 960 has. 

IMG_2920.JPGIMG_2921.JPGIMG_2922.JPG

View solution in original post

Message 20 of 26

All Replies
plemans
Guru

mine is pn 332-11480-02

model ad2003f10

Message 2 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

2AEC0060K 1 is MODEL # seen on my 9 series PS. 

Message 3 of 26
CrimpOn
Guru

Message 4 of 26
69matrix69
Tutor

I just ordered one of the adapters. One of the "The model number mentioned by @plemans is available on Amazon for $20." It will arrive Saturday. I'll let you know if it works or not and if it is right I'll order the other 2. At this point I have almost 200 dollars into buying power adapters.
Message 5 of 26
plemans
Guru

Hopefully it works well for you!

Impressive that you've invested that much in power adapters and still don't have the correct one. 

Darned shippers losing boxes. 

Message 6 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

Interesting, your model adapter is different from mine. 

Does your 9 series have the larger center pin or the micro one? Mine has the large center pin. 

@plemans wrote:

mine is pn 332-11480-02

model ad2003f10

Message 7 of 26
69matrix69
Tutor

I received the power adapter from Amazon today and ONCE again it was wrong. The center barel size on my routers are big and all the power adapters that I have received have been too small. I took a picture of the latest one that I just got today next to the plug hole. The issue I have had are none of the barely sizes are the large center post. The previous 800 series routers and the nighthawk routers used the smaller center barely like I have received I think but they changed it for the 900 series. (From what I have found out the hard way)
Message 8 of 26
plemans
Guru

Look at the modem number on the adapter. See if it's the same. I've had them send the wrong ones
Message 9 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

2AEC0060K 1 is MODEL # seen on my 9 series PS. This is the one with the large center pin on mine. Same as yours.

@69matrix69 wrote:
I received the power adapter from Amazon today and ONCE again it was wrong. The center barel size on my routers are big and all the power adapters that I have received have been too small. I took a picture of the latest one that I just got today next to the plug hole. The issue I have had are none of the barely sizes are the large center post. The previous 800 series routers and the nighthawk routers used the smaller center barely like I have received I think but they changed it for the 900 series. (From what I have found out the hard way)

Message 10 of 26
69matrix69
Tutor

If I search for "2AEC0060K" on Amazon or the Google it finds 0 power adapters. I tried searching for both 2AEC0060K and 2AEC0060K 1 so do you have any more information or links for me?
Message 11 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

Let see if a forum moderator can help out. 

@KevinLiT 

Message 12 of 26
swong801
Initiate

Has anyone had success on finding a replacement for these.  I have also been searching for replacement power supplies that have that large barrel connector.  I have not been able to find anything that matches.

Message 13 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to contact NG about that. 

Message 14 of 26
CrimpOn
Guru

Message 15 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

Would be worth checking out if it has the right amps and plug in for RBR/RBS. Need 3Amps on the line. 

Message 16 of 26
CrimpOn
Guru

It's the only one that specifically mentions the RBSE960 satellite, over twice the cost of this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C4GKXKBX/ref=sspa_dk_detail_4?pd_rd_i=B0C4GKXKBX&pd_rd_w=mrTGT&content-i... 

Irritating that they do not mention the actual specs.

Message 17 of 26
scan80269
Tutor

I just did some research on this and decided to try a MEAN WELL GST90A19-P1M 90W power adapter with a converter connector to adapt to the 7.4x5.0mm DC input of the RBRE960/RBSE960.

Amazon.com: Meanwell GST90A19-P1M External Power Adaptor - 90W 19V 4.74A : Electronics

Amazon.com: KUFptva DC Power Connector Adapter 5.5mm x 2.5mm Female Plug to Male Jack Coupler Conver...

The MEAN WELL GST90A series power adapters have Energy Efficiency Level VI and active PFC function that I was looking for as a better replacement for the NG factory shipped power adapters.

Will report whether this combo can work successfully with RBKE960 after the converter arrives sometime next month.

Message 18 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if that combination works.

I have this one one the way and will see if the end plug fits the 960 series or not. 

https://www.amazon.com/Kircuit-Compatible-332-11588-01-3321158801-PY321200536/dp/B0CH3FW3HS

Message 19 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, Good news, this particular PS arrived to day and has correct sized plug that works for the 960 series:

I was only able to connect and power ON for a short while. I'll be sending this back. 

Hopefully this is a good alternative for users that may need one if the stock PS goes back or gets lost or damaged. 

This may work for NGs CAX80 gateway modem and RAXE500 router as well since these two have same larger barrel center pin as the 960 has. 

IMG_2920.JPGIMG_2921.JPGIMG_2922.JPG

Message 20 of 26
JAson-TT
Tutor

AC adapter for Netgear Orbi 960 970 RBKE96 , RAXE500 / RAX200 wifi-7 router, here is the best one I found.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IFWXZDE 

19V ac adapter

Orbi-RBR750-A03.jpg

Message 21 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you confirmed that it actually works with the bigger pinned units? 

I confirmed this one does work and supports the bigger pinned units:

@JAson-TT 

Message 22 of 26
scan80269
Tutor

I just got a Mean Well GST90A19-P1M power supply with a KUFptva DC power connector adapter to power a RBSE960 satellite properly.  The KUFptva adapter has a center pin inside the plug barrel (apparently not connected to anything) that needs to be broken off to allow the plug to insert fully into the NG.

The Mean Well power supply exhibits a higher power factor of ~0.8 compared to a Netgear supplied white brick when powering a RBSE960 satellite.

Message 23 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

Recommend trying one of the others that was posted already. I've confirmed the one I posted about and the plug fits the 960 series. Doesn't need any modifications. 

Message 24 of 26
JAson-TT
Tutor

Yes, confirmed, I have bought one for my NETGEAR Nighthawk CAX80,  yes ,with the bigger pinned 

Message 25 of 26
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 25 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7