Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 CONNECTION_REFUSED loading admin interface

GD2BKG
Initiate

RBR750 CONNECTION_REFUSED loading admin interface

I have the same problem.....note the date(s) when all these problem were reported/documented.

Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR750 CONNECTION_REFUSED loading admin interface

Message 2 of 10
plemans
Guru

does it work if loading through the browser and not the app? 

We've had a ton of reports over the last week of connections issues. 

Some were fixed with a factory reset/reinstall.

Others (ios devices) needed to disable icloud relay and private mac/ip address. 

Message 3 of 10
MB_Love
Apprentice

No it doesn’t work via any method- even wired you can’t connect to router!!
Message 4 of 10
rbperez
Initiate

Same issue here, current firmware is 4.6.5.14.  Does anyone know if their auto-update can rollback to a previous 'working' version automatically?  How is it possible that they can rollout buggy firmware, and not reverse their screw up?  Now we all have to perform factory resets on their mistake?  Very bad business and very frustrating!

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Tr ya factory reset then:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/Cant-connect-to-router-but-router-is...

Seems to be working to help users gain access. 

Use a wired PC and web browser. Not the Orbi app. 

@rbperez wrote:

Same issue here, current firmware is 4.6.5.14.  Does anyone know if their auto-update can rollback to a previous 'working' version automatically?  How is it possible that they can rollout buggy firmware, and not reverse their screw up?  Now we all have to perform factory resets on their mistake?  Very bad business and very frustrating!

Message 6 of 10
rbperez
Initiate

Thanks @FURRYe38 I did read the other threads...I was hoping that there might possibly be some other option/alternative to a factory reset, but doesn't look like it. Is this NetGear's official fix to this issue, and do you know if they've disabled this bad version from auto-updating?

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Looks like FR is working to resolve this. Also manually updating first then a factory reset when updating FW seems to be the best method:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR750-RBS750-Firmware-Version-4...

@rbperez wrote:

Thanks @FURRYe38 I did read the other threads...I was hoping that there might possibly be some other option/alternative to a factory reset, but doesn't look like it. Is this NetGear's official fix to this issue, and do you know if they've disabled this bad version from auto-updating?

Message 8 of 10
GD2BKG
Initiate

Update: 5/9/2022

My situation has been resolved. I am running W11 on a Dell XP8940 64 bit

After spending nearly 3 hours on the phone with tech support we managed to install the newest firmware.

Firmware Version V4.6.8.2_2.1.9

Basically we had to manually install the new firmware version onto the ORBI RBR750

Several steps:

1: Disconnect the ORBI from the internet modem,

2.With your primary device/PC connected to the ORBI, attempt to reach 198.168.1.1 as well as Orbilogin.net.  NOTE YOU ARE NOT CONECTED TO THE MODEM, you are not active on the internet during this time. All of your login attempts are only directed to the ORBI.  If both attempts fail you will need to reset the Orbi (paper clip wire).

3. Reset the ORBI several times to make sure all prior setting are back to default settings

3.With another device (connected to the internet), you will need to logon to your NETGEAR account seek out your Orbi model and download the newest firmware version/file, copy paste the file onto the desktop of the device/PC you are working with. With Windows, launch CMD - better explanation TFTP below - my tech support just followed the steps noted in the article:

To manually update the firmware on your Orbi router and satellite, follow these high level steps: : https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-router-using-orbilogin-co...

THIS IS A NETGEAR PROBLEM AND NETGEAR SHOULD NOT REQUIRE ANYONE TO BUY AN EXTENDED SERVICE PLAN TO FIX THIS PROBLEM

After the Orbi reset and firmware upgrade, you will need to reset your network settings - passwords, etc., as well as all devices that are normally connected to your home/office network.

Finally, I was fortunate to have a good technician to help me with this problem - thank you!

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7