Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 - Control Panel not Displaying properly and takes a long time to load

scimini
Guide

RBR750 - Control Panel not Displaying properly and takes a long time to load

For some strange reason, the control panel takes a long time to load and then when it does it is all garbled.  Almost like viewing a webpage where the CSS didn't load.  While it is loading the titlebar shows NETGEAR Router WNDXXXXX and not RBR750 until it finally loads.

Firmware Version : V4.6.5.14_2.0.54

Screen shots

Advanced.pngHomePage.png

Message 1 of 15

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: RBR750 - Control Panel not Displaying properly and takes a long time to load

Message 4 of 15

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: RBR750 - Control Panel not Displaying properly and takes a long time to load

have you tried a different browser? 

Try firefox/edge or even a different pc. 

Message 2 of 15
scimini
Guide

I've tried Chrome and Edge on the same desktop with the same results.  Different computer, the page render is better but clicking on links doesn't load anything.

Message 3 of 15
plemans
Guru

Message 4 of 15
scimini
Guide

Will give it a try. Have to reset my rbr as I can’t access the firmware upgrade page.

Couple other things I have thought of. It is connected directly to the ONT with a static IP address. Not sure if it matters.
Message 5 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you access these pages if you disconnect the RBR from the ONT? 

Be sure to clear out all browser caches before entering into the RBRs web page. 

Message 6 of 15
scimini
Guide

Disonnecting from the ONT and the control panel loads correctly and is responsive.   Hmmm, trying tp get rid of the terrible ISP hardware, as it is terrible to manage and underpowered.  Also have a terrible double NAT situation as they don't allow bridging or pass throughs.  I tried putting the ORBI in its DMZ or making the ORBI an AP but that resulted in their hardware crashing every night.  Ugh, was hoping going directly to the ONT would alleviate these issues.

Message 7 of 15
plemans
Guru

If their setup allows a DMZ, it isnt just an ONT. 

What ONT/gateway is it connected to? 

Message 8 of 15
scimini
Guide

Sorry, the ONT is an Adtran Total Access 362.  From there it is running to a sr400ac router.  It is there that I added the orbi to the DMZ which would cause the sr400ac to crash every 24-36 hours requiring a factory reset.   They have locked the sr400ac down from what I can tell which is I why I was trying to bypass it.  The ORBI works when connected to the ONT just fine, I just can't access the control panel to make any changes. 

Message 9 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you tried update FW yet? 

Can you access the web page if you disconnect the RBR from the ONT? 

A factory reset maybe needed...

Message 10 of 15
plemans
Guru

why not just direct connect to the ont then and not through the sr400ac?

Message 11 of 15
scimini
Guide

Not yet that is next on my list. As soon as I disconnect the RBR from the ONT I can access the control panel immediately without any changes or resets.
Message 12 of 15
scimini
Guide

This is the route I’m attempting which lead to not be able to access the control panel of the rbr to make changes. Once I put the sr400ac back in the middle the control panel works immediately . I’m going to update the FW and try again.
Message 13 of 15
scimini
Guide

Upgrading the FW seemed to do the trick.  Thanks so much!

Message 14 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7