Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 - Minecraft "Unable to Connect to World" on LAN

jdmcr
Aspirant

RBR750 - Minecraft "Unable to Connect to World" on LAN

Hi

Purchased a new RBR750.  Kids can connect to external Minecraft servers and worlds, but can no longer connect to worlds that they create and play together on the LAN.  We can see the world, but get an "Unable to Connect to World" error when trying to connect.  Tried connecting iPad to Switch, iPad to iPad, etc.

We didn't have this problem with the old router that we replaced.  Parental Controls and Armor are turned off. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Mikey94025
Hero

Re: RBR750 - Minecraft "Unable to Connect to World" on LAN

I don't use or know Minecraft, but guesses:

* On iPad and iPhone devices, click into the wifi network and switch off "Private Wi-Fi Address".  This is set per network so might be different from your previous router's network.

* Found this other iPad Privacy Minecraft setting - Navigate to the "Privacy" folder then the "Local Network" option, under there set "Minecraft" to "on": https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/re-minecraft-pocket-edition-for-ipad/340467fe-00a...

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended.

Message 2 of 9
jdmcr
Aspirant

Firmware is 4.6.11.1_2.3.6.  ONT is Adtran 424.  Using the CAT5 that came with the router.

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you have any of the following enabled? 

Armor or Smart Parental controls? 

CAT6 would be recommended between the ONT and RBR. 

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 4 of 9
jdmcr
Aspirant

Armor and Parental Controls are turned off. 

I rebooted both RBR750 and ONT, but no change.   Have not upgraded CAT5 to CAT6 yet;  will do when I can.

Strangely, no problems connecting to internet and external Minecraft Worlds/Servers/etc.; just anything local won't connect.  We can see local "Worlds", connection begins, and then we get the "Unable to Connect to World" error.   Have no other problems with the set-up, mind you the only thing we do with the LAN is printing and Minecraft.  Printing has been without problems. 

Message 5 of 9
Mikey94025
Hero

I don't use or know Minecraft, but guesses:

* On iPad and iPhone devices, click into the wifi network and switch off "Private Wi-Fi Address".  This is set per network so might be different from your previous router's network.

* Found this other iPad Privacy Minecraft setting - Navigate to the "Privacy" folder then the "Local Network" option, under there set "Minecraft" to "on": https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/re-minecraft-pocket-edition-for-ipad/340467fe-00a...

Message 6 of 9
jdmcr
Aspirant

@Mikey94025 wrote:

That was it!   Not the router after all.

Investigating further, Minecraft was re-installed around the same time the Orbi was setup, hence the confusion.

Thanks very much for the help.  Cheers.

Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 8 of 9
jdmcr
Aspirant

Thanks -- will do.  I appreciate the advice.  Cheers.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7