Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBRE960 - blocks a site : HTTPS://secure.oldbridge.com/Tax/SitePages/login.aspx

picataggio
Aspirant

RBRE960 - blocks a site : HTTPS://secure.oldbridge.com/Tax/SitePages/login.aspx

Firmware VersionV6.3.7.10_3.3.3

GUI Language VersionV3.0.2.20_2.1.30.3

Operation ModeRouter

I have to pay my property taxes for a house I own in NJ.

The first site I have to go to is www.oldbridge.com, no issues getting to this site. The site looks fine.

On this site, there is a button on the page labeled "property tax payment," a link that goes to - HTTPS://secure.oldbridge.com/Tax/SitePages/login.aspx. This timed out.

I tried multiple browsers, my iPad, and my Linux machine. They all get the same time-out result.

I also tried changing the DNS to the Google Public DNS,8.8.8. 8.. This did not work either.

I finally took my iPad and turned the wireless off, so I used my cell network. This worked, I was able to get to the site.

I wanted to make sure it was not my cable modem provider, so I turned off my cable modem and plugged my desktop computer directly into the cable modem. Rebooted the cable modem and tried going to the site.

This worked perfectly.

On the first site, there is another button called "On-Line Electronic Applications," which is simply a link: https://permits.oldbridge.com/#/Dashboard

This, as well, does not work and times out eventually if I am going through the ORBI. 

I do not have Armour turned on either on the ORBI.

I did try various DNSs on the ORBI, all with the same results. 

Any ideas would be great.

- peter

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBRE960 - blocks a site : HTTPS://secure.oldbridge.com/Tax/SitePages/login.aspx

I notice that your first URL is malformed. 

Try http://www.oldbridge.com 

There is the following characters after this URL> %2C/

I can get to both corrected URLs fine here.

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6A STP is recommended. 

Message 2 of 4
picataggio
Aspirant

Re: RBRE960 - blocks a site : HTTPS://secure.oldbridge.com/Tax/SitePages/login.aspx

Cable Modem is from Spectrum (formerly Charter Communications)

Model E31T2V1

DOCSIS 3.1 eMTA

(i am sure they OEM it)

As I mentioned, I can get to the first site - oldbridge.com

The problem is getting to the 2nd site, whether I use the button on the first site or I just COPY LINK and manually bring up a new tab and paste it in.

I am using the ethernet cable that came with the ORBI.

I also had an extra Router sitting around and tried that and I had no issues getting to the site with that Router plugged into the Cable Modem.

It is only the Orbi I am having the issue with. 

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

I also discovered that the "comma symbol" {,} on the end of the posted URL caused my browser to report "no such link".

Removing the comma made it come up.

Both of the other links worked from that home page.

Might be worth checking again  Sometimes things get "stuck" in browsers.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7