Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS7560 flashing white

MTOrbi750
Aspirant

RBS7560 flashing white

I have tried re-syncing but no good. In researching, I see that new firmware is available - V 7.2.6.31 but when I check via the Orbi app it says no update available. I am currently running V4.6.14.3. What is correct as I believe my satellite software locked up during an automatic update last year.

Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBS7560 flashing white

"Correct" is in the eye of the beholder.  (not what you wanted to hear)

When Netgear develops new firmware for Orbi routers, it first appears on the Netgear support web site where users who are actively looking can download and manually install it.  At this time, the Orbi Firmware Update process does not detect it.  At some future date, Netgear may decide to have the router update feature detect the new firmware.  At some even later time, Netgear may decide to silently push the new firmware.  (Or, they  may never do anything.)

This puts it squarely up to the user to decide whether to take a chance on the new firmware, or to "take the plunge".

One other thing is clear.  When users describe problems with their systems, nobody is interested in discussing older firmware.  What would be the point of investigating a "problem" that cannot be replicated on the latest firmware?

Personally, I always wait at least several weeks after new firmware is released to give the "early adopters" time to discover if any serious problems made it past the Quality Assurance process.  If reports on the forum are consistently positive, then I am more likely to manually install it.

Your choice.

Message 2 of 5
MTOrbi750
Aspirant

how long has V7.2.6.31 been released? has feedback been favorable?

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Please confirm the actual orbi model you have? The subject line model is not valid. 

Message 4 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

v7.2.6.31 was released April 10, 2024 (nearly five weeks ago).

https://kb.netgear.com/000066099/RBR750-RBS750-Firmware-Version-7-2-6-31 

It appears to be a minor update to v7.2.6.21 that was released Sept 8, 2023

So far, user reports appear positive.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7