Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 not reachable after Firmware 4.6.8.2 upgrade attempt

aebrahim
Aspirant

Hi, I have the same problem as the original poster. After upgrading my RBR850 to 4.6.8.2, I can't get into the admin interface anymore. The network is still working fine. I've tried powering everything off and back on again, and starting only the RBR850 with no satellites connected, but still the same.

Internet works fine but can't get to the admin interface. Get this error in the web browser: "An error occurred during a connection to 192.168.1.1."

I'm afraid to try a factory reset because if I do that and I still can't get into the admin interface then I will have a really big problem. Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
aebrahim
Aspirant

I've tried telnet to ports 80, 443 of the router (192.168.1.1) and its refusing connections.

Message 2 of 6
aebrahim
Aspirant

The firmware notes say that "Removes the remote management feature from the router web interface (if disabled at time of update) to improve router security."

I have a feeling that it's somehow disabled the web interface entirely in error. Any suggestions?

Message 3 of 6
jkk4_1998
Apprentice

I too have the exact same problem with my RBK852. Has anyone been able to fix this problem?

Message 4 of 6
aebrahim
Aspirant

Finally I was able to solve this with a factory reset.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

@aebrahim wrote:

Finally I was able to solve this with a factory reset.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7