Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbi RBRE960 vpn and Webex issues

jaberle
Aspirant

orbi RBRE960 vpn and Webex issues

Recently upgraded from RBR50 and experiencing issues with Webex video calling I use most of the day. This issue did not happen with RBR50 set up. Currently on v6.0.3.85. The issues is that the audio will cut out like consistently like I don't have enough bandwidth. But bandwidth is not the issue. Other applications, streaming, gaming, are not impacted. I've tried wired to the Satellite and just wifi and issue persists. I'll be switching back to the RBR50, for now, but just confirming if there are settings, interference, or something just funky with Webex w/VPN on my configuration. I did also switch from ATT Uverse, to much faster Spectrum. However, when I connect back the RBR50 I do not have the issue with either provider. Please help!

Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

Re: orbi RBRE960 vpn and Webex issues

Message 2 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? 

What devices are you using thats connected to the system? 

Is Armor or SPC enabled on the system? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Try turning OFF the RBS and connect just to the RBR. Same thing still happens? 

@jaberle wrote:
Recently upgraded from RBR50 and experiencing issues with Webex video calling I use m...

@jaberle
Message 3 of 10
jaberle
Aspirant

thank you, the "Disable SIP ALG" was checked, I guess by default as I did not change this setting. 

Message 4 of 10
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @jaberle ,

I understand that you are having issues with your RBRE960 when using Webex. Can you give more information on the issues you are experiencing with the VPN as well?

Look forward to hearing from you!

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 5 of 10
jaberle
Aspirant

After additional testing, it seems better when not using VPN while using Webex, but that does work for me, as I need to have VPN in to perform other work while webex is active. It was a thought that VPN might be causing the issue, just not sure. Again, that has not changed since moving to the new Router. With the RBR50 I had no issues with VPN active.

thanks!

Message 6 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? 

What devices are you using that's connected to the system? 

Is Armor or SPC enabled on the system? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

Try turning OFF the RBS and connect just to the RBR. Same thing still happens? 

Message 7 of 10
jaberle
Aspirant

Service is from Spectrum - it is a modem only (no wifi) - Model ES2251

What devices are you using that's connected to the system? Macbook Pro

Is Armor or SPC enabled on the system? I turned off Armor - didn't make a difference - no SPC

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft? 3300

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? About 45 feet (two rooms over, other Sat is upstairs 50 feet.

I will try turning off the Sattelites to see if any difference. My office I typically work from is a Sattelite and not the router. Will update with results later.

Also, just to add, primarily it is my audio that cuts out sometimes for a minute, I can still hear on the other end.

Message 8 of 10
jaberle
Aspirant

Latest update, I moved back to the RBR50 set up. Have similar issue with webex cutting out every few minutes. So now looks to be a Spectrum issue. Anyone seen that with Model ES2251 or Spectrum service in general?

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Seen various users with this Hitron branded modem that Spectrum uses. Not the greatest modem IMO.

Does Spectrum support any Netgear or Motorola or Arris branded modems? I would check to see if they support any of NGs CM series modems. CM series are modem only units. C series are gateway modems with built in router and wifi which you don't need here. 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7