Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

rbk763 is possible change IP router and satellite?

Pelste
Aspirant

rbk763 is possible change IP router and satellite?

Hello all.

it is true that the network between router and satellite must be numbered 192.168.1.xxx  ( for work with mesh) or is possible give free network like 192.168.0.xxx?

I wanted to take this system, but I found that someone was unable to make it work on a different numbering from 192.168.1.xxx, since I set everything up with 192.168.0.xxx I didn't want to have to renumber objects with a fixed IP.

I would put this system downstream of the supplier's router and would like to use the system as an access point throughout the house on 2 levels

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: rbk763 is possible change IP router and satellite?

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, both RBR and RBS have to be on same IP address subnet pool. You can change the RBRs IP address to something different. I use 192.168.0.1 myself on mine. I also use .100 thru .200 has a default IP address pool. This gives me room for Static IP addressed devices on either side of this pool

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@Pelste wrote:

Hello all.

it is true that the network between router and satellite must be numbered 192.168.1.xxx 

No. This is not a requirement.  The only requirement is that the router must create a LAN IP subnet that is different from the WAN IP address subnet.  So, if the ISP has given the Orbi router an address in the 192.168.0.x subnet, then the LAN subnet can be anything besides 192.168.0.x  The most common IP subnet is 192.168.1.x.

This is the reason why Orbi routers sometimes create a LAN subnet of 10.0.0.1.  If the ISP has assigned a 192.168.1.x address to the Orbi router, then it cannot use the same IP subnet on the LAN side.

@Pelste wrote:

I would put this system downstream of the supplier's router and would like to use the system as an access point throughout the house on 2 levels

If the ISP router has created a LAN IP subnet of 192.168.0.x and you want devices connected to the Orbi to be in that subnet, the putting the Orbi into Access Point (AP) mode is the solution.

Message 3 of 5
Pelste
Aspirant

Thanks this makes me happy.

Another question if I put router and satellite in AP mode the mesh works without problem?

Message 4 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

yes

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7