× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

400 Bad Request This server does not support the operation requested by your client.

FURRYe38
Guru

Re: 400 Bad Request This server does not support the operation requested by your client.

Factory reset the RBR and do not enable Circle. 

@orbi2491 wrote:

I'm in the same situation. The CIRCLE appis broken and it's not letting me pass through. 

Did you find any solution to the issue?

Message 26 of 35
Compuguy2142
Tutor

Re: 400 Bad Request This server does not support the operation requested by your client.

I will advise after following 

FURRYe38 (Guru) posted a new reply in Orbi on 2020-12-19 11:36 PM :

suggested steps. The routers are working and we need the internet for work so I will perform those steps this evening after work and advise.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 27 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it goes. 

Message 28 of 35
Compuguy2142
Tutor

@FURRYe38@orbi2491 

Fixing this was a bit of a challenge due mostly with the configuration changes needed to convert from wireless-to-the-router connection to wired-to-the-sallelitte connection.

System review:

• Orbi RBRS50V2 router v 2.5.1.16
  • Orbi RBS50V2 indoor satelite v 2.5.1.16
  • Orbi RBSY50V2 outdoor satelite v 2.3.5.31

12/21/2020

Issue: 400 Bad Request This server does not support the operation requested by your client

Caused by Circle popup on home page of router.

Resolution:

1. Record your Network SSID and password so as to not have to log into the network with something else from all of your devices when you finish this work
  2. Download v 2.7.1.60 Firmware for RBR50V2 router to laptop
  3. Download v 2.7.1.60 Firmware for RBS50V2 to laptop The file is different for the satelite
  4. Download v 2.6.1.40 Firmware for RBSY50V2 to laptop The file is different for the outdoor satelite
  5. Remove ethernet cable from Internet service provider modem that had connected to internet port on router
  6. Unplug ethernet cable from RBR50V2 router
  7. Unplug power cable from RBR50V2 router
  8. Ensure indoor satelite is plugged in and light on the back is green. Place paperclip in reset hole (you can feel switch inside connecting) until the color changes to red and the light blinks. I counted to ten before remopving paperclip. Not sure that was necessary.
  9. Connect the ethernet cable you removed from the router to the laptop and to the indoor satelite
  10. Disable the wireless adapter on the laptop
  11. Disable the firewall on the laptop
  12. If not already, enable the Lan connection on the laptop
  13. Wait....
  14. Ensure that the LAN adapter connects. Will start off with identifying... and then will show connected, no internet
  15. Open command prompt and do an IPCONFIG
  16. 192.168.1.250 should show as gateway. This is the satelite.
  17. 192.168.1.xxx should show as IP address for the LAN connection for the laptop
  18. If not, and it is a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx address do an IPCONFIG /Release then an IPCONFIG /renew until you get an address. One cannot continue until the satelite gives the laptop an IP address starting with 192
  19. Open browser to http://192.169.1.250 Enter "admin" and "password"
  20. Select OK
  21. Under firmware update section select the new *.img file you previously downloaded for the satelite and install it
  22. The browser will fail. Disable/reenable the LAN connection network adapter. Ensure with an IPCONFIG you have a 192.168.1.xxx address for the laptop again. You need this to continue.
  23. Open browser to http://192.169.1.250 Enter "admin" and "password"
  24. Validate the version of the firmware is the new version.
  25. NOTE: For the second, outdoor satelite I removed the secure lock that is for outdoor, on the wall use, unplugged the satelite and removed it from it's mount. (It was on the detached garage outside.) It wasn't until this point that I found out that the outdoor satelite did not have an ethernet port. I would still remove it so that it can be close to the router for the firmware update. I would leave it unplugged for the next steps
  26. Back at the router, plug the ethernet cable into an ethernet (not internet) port and the othe end into the laptop
  27. Plug the power back into the router. Ensure the light on the back is green. Place paperclip in reset hole (you can feel switch inside connecting) until the color changes to red and the light blinks. I counted to ten before remopving paperclip. Not sure that was necessary.
  28. Disable the wireless adapter on the laptop
  29. repeat steps 11 through 18 above
  30. When you sucessfully connect to any of the number of URLs to get to the router, http://routerlogin.net/index.htm, orbilogin, 192.168.1.1, you will be challenged with router login name and password changes and LAN Network SSID and passsword. Use the previous information that you recorded in step 1
  31. The Circle issue is now fixed. You can close out the popup box with the X in the upper right of the box and the page becomes useable.
  32. Go the the Advanced tab on the top and the Admiistration\Firmware choice on the left. This should now work.
  33. You can now select manual from the top tab and browse to the file for the router that you had downloaded and update the firmware.
  34. Follow similar steps as in the satelite above
  35. Once sucessful, if not done already for the indoor satelite, use the attach an orbi satelitte on the basic tab page
  36. Now you can plug in the outdoor satelite. I did this indoors near the router.
  37. Reset it with the paperclip.
  38. Sync the outdoor satelite to the router and manually update the firmware for the RBS50YV2 Can only do this, with no ethernet cable, from the orbilogin page on the router.
  39. Remove the ethernet cable from the router and the laptop, attach the ethernet cable to the inernet modem and the internet port on the router
  40. Ensure the laptop is now connected to the local network and the internet
  41. If removed form it's outdoor location re-install the outdoor satelite and ensure it syncs to the router automatically when plugged back in. If not, press the sync button on the satelite and either use the sync on orbilogin or press the sync on the router.
  42. Re-enable the firewall on the laptop and ensure the desired network adaptors are enabled or disabled as you wish.
  43. Ensure that your Orbi app now authenticates and works
  44. You should now be all set. I set a schedule for my outdor satelite light and disabled the sync button on the outdoor satelite.

Message 29 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like yoru using the newer Circle platform that comes on the v2.7 FW versions. Sounds like you got it all working. I'd make a backup configuration  to file on the RBR for safe keeping. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 30 of 35
Compuguy2142
Tutor

@FURRYe38 

Actually no. I am not using Circle nor Amor The failing popup was on my router page none of my doing.

Message 31 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

Odd, you shouldn't be having any problems liket his on any version of FW. Well sounds like you got it fixed regardless. 
Enjoy. 

Message 32 of 35
Asm221
Aspirant

Hello everyone

I am having the same issue.
Getting the same 400 error

Able to access orbilogin.com/adv_index.htm
But unable to do firmware update
Currently on v.2.5.1.16
Trying to avoid a full reset if possible
Message 33 of 35
JohnToole
Aspirant

Same issue. Same firmware on RBR50.  Setup Orbi mesh network ~10 months ago.  I cannot access the router at 192.168.1.1 even with a hardwire connection.  I tried accessing the router from 2 PCs (Edge and Chrome) and one iMac (Safari).  The "400 Bad Request" error does occur while/after attempt to cancel a "Circle" pop-up...and then ultimately prevents access to the router.

The iOS Orbi app presented connected devices, but inaccurate topology two hours ago - now will not allow login w/credentials. However, I can login to 3 satellites over WiFi with those identical credentials.  I assume the issue was created by an automatic firmware upgrade.  Will this access problem because of the Circle pop-up not resolve itself w/new firmware if automatically installed?   

Message 34 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset and setupi from scratch. 

What FW version are you using? 

v102 started a new Smart Parental Controls that are managed the the Circle app. v104 applied on top still works as expected. 

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Circle product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Circle and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/bd-p/en-home-circle

https://www.netgear.com/home/services/smart-parental-controls/
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Smart-Home-Parental/bd-p/en-home-smart-parental-controls

@JohnToole wrote:

Same issue. Same firmware on RBR50.  Setup Orbi mesh network ~10 months ago.  I cannot access the router at 192.168.1.1 even with a hardwire connection.  I tried accessing the router from 2 PCs (Edge and Chrome) and one iMac (Safari).  The "400 Bad Request" error does occur while/after attempt to cancel a "Circle" pop-up...and then ultimately prevents access to the router.

The iOS Orbi app presented connected devices, but inaccurate topology two hours ago - now will not allow login w/credentials. However, I can login to 3 satellites over WiFi with those identical credentials.  I assume the issue was created by an automatic firmware upgrade.  Will this access problem because of the Circle pop-up not resolve itself w/new firmware if automatically installed?   

Message 35 of 35
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 34 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7