Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Adding a 4th satellite

Hsaag
Aspirant

Adding a 4th satellite

I know that officially the system only takes 3 satellites and I was advised that a software update may be released to extend the ability for 4th but I am getting conflicting info from net gear.
Can anyone guide me (I'm untechnical) on how to add a 4th satellite and get it to work properly?
Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Adding a 4th satellite

Hello Hsaag

It is recommended to use 3 but users have had 4 work just fine and there is nothing special to the setup you do the same methods to connect a satellite normally.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
Hsaag
Aspirant

i did try to add the forth but it wouldn't let me set it up. I didnt get a stable white light to then sync

Message 3 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Try to factory reset that unit and then try to sync it in the same room as the main router. Also you may need to plug a cord into the unit itself and log into the gui and do a manual update of the firmware if it does not sync.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 7
Hsaag
Aspirant

Thank you so so much , but what cord and what is a GUI when I said I'm untechnical I really meant it!
Factory settings is the reset button ?

Thanks for your grlp
Message 5 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Yes hold the reset button for 10 seconds on the unit. And i am talking about a ethernet cord and then log into the satellite.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 7

just a note here , i think once you get over 3 sats you would get deminishing returns backhaul throughput wise and maybe why the max is stated at 3

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7