Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBK40 SSID not recognized by wireless devices

brbs60
Follower

CBK40 SSID not recognized by wireless devices

I am trying to set up the CBK40 Orbi system. The modem portion works and I can connect to the internet through an ethernet connection. However, the satellite that came with the CBR40 modem router will not connect. Additionally, the wifi network is not available on any of our wireless devices.

We called the support line but they just had us reset the satellite and modem/router over and over again. This achieved nothing.

The current firmaware version for the CBR40 is V2.3.5.12 and the status indicates there are no new firmware available.

Has anyone run into similar issues?

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CBK40 SSID not recognized by wireless devices

So if you set a custome SSID name on the CBR40, you can't see this name on any wifi device? 

Manual RBS FW update after CBR was updated:
You need to update the RBS and  before updating the CBR. Keep this in mind for future updates. 

What you need to do is factory reset the RBS . Wire connect a PC to the 1st satellite. Already have the most current FW version files downloaded on to this PC. 

Wire connect 1 PC to the back of the RBS. Factory reset the RBS, wait about 5 minute. The PC will get a IP address from the satellite. The RBS will be 192.168.1.250. Use this IP address in a web browser to log in to the satellites web page. Log in as admin and password.

What FW version is loaded on the RBS? You may need to downgrade the RBS to v30 maybe

Use the satellites web page FW update feature to select the FW update file that was unpacked from the .zip file. Then factory reset and then re-sync the satellites to the RBR. 

@brbs60 wrote:

I am trying to set up the CBK40 Orbi system. The modem portion works and I can connect to the internet through an ethernet connection. However, the satellite that came with the CBR40 modem router will not connect. Additionally, the wifi network is not available on any of our wireless devices.

We called the support line but they just had us reset the satellite and modem/router over and over again. This achieved nothing.

The current firmaware version for the CBR40 is V2.3.5.12 and the status indicates there are no new firmware available.

Has anyone run into similar issues?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7