Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot reconnect Satellite

MatCas71
Follower

Cannot reconnect Satellite

Hi all,

I've a problem trying to reconnect a Orbi Satellite.

I've also try the factory reset of the Satellite, but after reconnect it to the network, on web page I've the satellite in DISCONNECTED status, with REMOVE botton.

What I've to do, for reconnect it to my Orbi network?

I've a RBR50 and 3 RBS50. 2 of this working fine, only 1 doesn't reconnect (previously it work fine but, several week ago, the device attached to it don't connect to network).

Thanks and regards

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cannot reconnect Satellite

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Whats the placement layout of the satellites from the RBR? 

Turn off all other satellites and then try to connect the one. Move the satellite in the sam room as the RBR to see if it connects there. 

Is Daisy Chain Enabled? 

Ensure all satellites are on the same version of FW as the RBR. 

@MatCas71 wrote:

Hi all,

I've a problem trying to reconnect a Orbi Satellite.

I've also try the factory reset of the Satellite, but after reconnect it to the network, on web page I've the satellite in DISCONNECTED status, with REMOVE botton.

What I've to do, for reconnect it to my Orbi network?

I've a RBR50 and 3 RBS50. 2 of this working fine, only 1 doesn't reconnect (previously it work fine but, several week ago, the device attached to it don't connect to network).

Thanks and regards

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7