Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connect a ceiling satellite to RBR20

talweksler
Aspirant

Connect a ceiling satellite to RBR20

Hi,

I have an RBR20 with 2 satelites.

I am planning to move to a new house where I have the option to put the satelites very high, almost near the ceiling (like in a coridor and provide WIFI to couple of rooms).

My questions is:

1. Does the RBS20 WIFI wave pattern is ok to use when the unit is mounting high above the floor?

2. Can I connect another Netgear satelite from a different type? I.E, I saw the business line has couple of options for ceiling mounts. I would like to avoid buying a new router just to hook one ceiling satelite.

Thanks!

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Connect a ceiling satellite to RBR20

@talweksler wrote:

I am planning to move to a new house where I have the option to put the satelites very high, almost near the ceiling (like in a coridor and provide WIFI to couple of rooms).

My questions is:

1. Does the RBS20 WIFI wave pattern is ok to use when the unit is mounting high above the floor?

2. Can I connect another Netgear satelite from a different type? I.E, I saw the business line has couple of options for ceiling mounts. I would like to avoid buying a new router just to hook one ceiling satelite.

I doubt you will notice much difference with the satellites mounted high. Dipole antennas have a pretty broad coverage area.

Would think that electrical outlets "up high" would be more of an issue.

Alas, no. The Orbi product lines are not interoperable.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Connect a ceiling satellite to RBR20

@talweksler wrote:

My questions is:

I doubt you will notice much difference with the satellites mounted high. Dipole antennas have a pretty broad coverage area.

Would think that electrical outlets "up high" would be more of an issue.

Alas, no. The Orbi product lines are not interoperable.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7