Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Deleting Time Machine Backups

cwsyeh
Aspirant

Deleting Time Machine Backups

Topic Reposted to ReadyNAS discussion forum

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/Deleting-Redundant-Time-Machine-Bac...

--------

I noticed that my NAS was low on space, but the numbers didn't add up, so I checked the file structure and notice there is approximately 1TB of timemachine backup that was for a machine that is no longer with me.

I tried to delete the folder through finder by connecting through smb using admin as well as the admin user account, neither worked and through SSH it says that the operation is not permitted, even when I'm logged in as the admin...

Any ideas how I can delete the redundant backup and reclaim some storage space?

Thanks!

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Deleting Time Machine Backups

You should post this over in the ready NAS forums for over in Apples forums since Time Machine is a Apple product. This forum is a Netgear 

Orbi forum. 

Good Luck. 

@cwsyeh wrote:

Topic Reposted to ReadyNAS discussion forum

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/Deleting-Redundant-Time-Machine-Bac...

--------

I noticed that my NAS was low on space, but the numbers didn't add up, so I checked the file structure and notice there is approximately 1TB of timemachine backup that was for a machine that is no longer with me.

I tried to delete the folder through finder by connecting through smb using admin as well as the admin user account, neither worked and through SSH it says that the operation is not permitted, even when I'm logged in as the admin...

Any ideas how I can delete the redundant backup and reclaim some storage space?

Thanks!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7