Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware warning for Homekit/V2.7.3.22

DocMusicman
Initiate

Firmware warning for Homekit/V2.7.3.22

I updated to 2.7.3.22 last night on my RBR40 and homekit started having major issues (specifically with hue and arlo).  I could access everything when on wifi but not when away.  I rolled back the firmware on everything today and it is working again.  Just a warning incase others want to do some research first.

Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware warning for Homekit/V2.7.3.22

Will need to try a factory reset after new FW is applied to see if this changes anything. Possible left overs from configuration may not work well with newer version of FW. 

A reset and setup from scratch is needed before pointed to FW. 

Message 2 of 11
DocMusicman
Initiate

Thanks.  I did rebot everything, but did not completely reset and start from scratch.  I will just roll back for now and if I have time to do that later I will.

Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 11
catboat_MN
Aspirant

how do I role back?

Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 6 of 11
catboat_MN
Aspirant

i did that and all the downloads are corrupt

Message 7 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a different wired PC and web browser. IE11, MS Edge or Firefox.

Message 8 of 11
JakeRich
Aspirant

Did this get fixed? I have the same firmware with one RBR50 and three RBS50 satellites and all of my Homekit devices are randomly dropping out. Most are from Meross, some are iHome. I'm trying to convert from Insteon to Homekit, but nothing is stable. I tried turnign down the 5Ghz power to 25% to force iPhone to connect at 2.4, but no change. I also set Beamrormng and Enable Mu-MIMO, no change. I can see all of the devices connected to the router in the "Attached Devices" view, so I know they are connected. But neither the Home app on my iPhone 13 (iOS 15.2), nor the Meross app can see all of the devices. Distance doesn't seem to be part of the problem as I have brought 4 of the "missing" devices into the same room with the router, about 6 feet from the RBR50, and I'm also in the room with the router and the devices appear/disappear/no Response randomly. My home is large, a bit over 4000 sq ft, and needs the three satellites for consistent coverage on all three floors. Sure would like to get this working soon. Any help is appreciated.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 9 of 11
JakeRich
Aspirant

I missed the errors. It should read, "I also set beam formiing, "

Message 10 of 11
TheJam
Aspirant

Thanks for this. I've been having issues for months now and I suspect it was when my router automatically updated to this version. Still an issue with the latest firmware which came out last month as well. I'll roll back to this one and see if it improves anything

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7