Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to open RTSP 554 on Orbi?

RikParr73
Aspirant

How to open RTSP 554 on Orbi?

Hi

Trying to set up cloud storage for my CCTV, can't see option for port forwading in advanced settings for RTSP 554, am I looking in the wrong place? Searched around and can't see where.

Thanks in advance. Rik

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How to open RTSP 554 on Orbi?

What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the NG router is connected too?

There may not be a preset for that port. Have you tried a manual configuration for Port Forwarding?

Besure to disable uPnP if you set up a Manual Port Forward configuration...

Message 2 of 5
RikParr73
Aspirant

Modem is a Virgin Media Superhub 2 (UK) I have tried manual port forward set up on RBR50. uPnP is disabled on Orbi. Superhub 2 is set to Modem and Orbi as router. For some reason unable to access modem GUI.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

I would contact the Mfr of the CCTV and ask for additional help and information regarding this. They will have more information on how the CCTV should be configured. Might ask them if they have tested there products with wifi routers to see.

Some modems when put into bridge mode, do allow for UI access anymore in that mode. You'd have to reset the modem back to defaults to re-gain access.

Message 4 of 5
st_shaw
Master

See this KB.

If you need to forward a port other than an existing named service, then you need to create a custom service.

https://kb.netgear.com/31069/How-do-I-configure-port-forwarding-on-my-Orbi-system

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7