Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I have an ORBI RBK50 Router and I want to purchase an outdoor satellite / range extender

michio42
Follower

I have an ORBI RBK50 Router and I want to purchase an outdoor satellite / range extender

I have an ORBI RBK50 router and I want to purchase an outdoor satellite / range extender.

Is the only outdoor ORBI satellite / range extender the RBS50Y? Are there any other outdoor satellites / range extenders that would work with the ORBI RBK50 router?

As far as I can see, the RBS50Y is essentially unavailable from anywhere (new or used) in Australia, and the ones I could buy from the US (via ebay) are expensive and naturally come with the wrong power plug.

Any thoughts / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: I have an ORBI RBK50 Router and I want to purchase an outdoor satellite / range extender

Hello michio42,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you are looking for compatible outdoor satellites for your RBR50. 

The RBR50 is compatible with the following Orbi AC Satellites -  RBS10, RBS20, RBW30, RBS40, RBS40V, RBS50, and RBS50Y. 

However, the only outdoor-compatible satellite for your RBR50 is the RBS50Y. 

Best,
Kevin
Community Team

Message 2 of 3

Re: I have an ORBI RBK50 Router and I want to purchase an outdoor satellite / range extender

@michio42 wrote:

As far as I can see, the RBS50Y is essentially unavailable from anywhere (new or used) in Australia, and the ones I could buy from the US (via ebay) are expensive and naturally come with the wrong power plug.

I received an RBS50Y from the US with the "wrong" power plug.

The good news is that it just took an adapter to get it to work on 240 volts. It switched itself from 120V. In any case, mains adapters are pretty generic. Any adapter will work, as long as it has the right volts, enough amps and a tip with the right (+/-) polarity and dimensions. Few Netgear devices comes with exotic power input sockets.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7