Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issue with connecting to MYCLOUDEX2ULTRA on ORBI Satellite

j2boston
Aspirant

Issue with connecting to MYCLOUDEX2ULTRA on ORBI Satellite

I currently have the RBR50 and 2 satellites and a mycloudex2ultra connected via ethernet cable to the RBR50 router.  Previously, I never had a problem accessing the share drives on the mycloud. When my HP Laptop computer is connected to the Satellite via an ethernet wire, I am unable to access the mycloud shared drives.  However, if I move the laptop into the family room, it is able to connect to the RBR50 Router via wifi no problem and is able to access the mycloud.  There seems to be something blocking the satellite from letting the computer access the drive. I looked at other threads and confirmed the Enable MU-MIMO setting in the advanced setup is unchecked.  I have also checked the orbi attached devices and can see the mycloud attached.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be preventing a Satellite to Windows 10 computer from access the Mycloud? 

Thank you,

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Issue with connecting to MYCLOUDEX2ULTRA on ORBI Satellite

Do both ethernet and WiFi function the same on the satellite and function the same on the router?

i.e. When the laptop connects to the satellite with either ethernet or WiFi, it cannot connect to the MyCloud?

When the laptop connects to the router with either ethernet or WiFi, it does connect to the MyCloud?

Message 2 of 8
j2boston
Aspirant

Yes, when you try to connect via wifi or ethernet on the Satellite, it does not connect to the Mycloud. 

When you connect the computer to the Orbi Router by wifi or ethernet it does connect to the Mycloud. 

Message 3 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

@j2boston wrote:

Yes, when you try to connect via wifi or ethernet on the Satellite, it does not connect to the Mycloud. 

When you connect the computer to the Orbi Router by wifi or ethernet it does connect to the Mycloud. 

This pretty much rules out any WiFi settings as part of the problem (or part of the solution).

This scenario being obviously impossible, we need someone with a lot more smarts than I have to explain it.

Sorry

Message 4 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

I neglected to ask how the laptop connects to the MyCloud.  Is it through an app?  By having a drive letter mapped to the MyCloud IP address?

Does this box respond to ICMP (ping) requests?

Message 5 of 8
j2boston
Aspirant

The laptop connects to the mycloud via a mapped drive.  I rebooted the Orbi's and now seems to be working.  Thanks for your help!

Message 6 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Hard to take credit for admitting failure.  Also, for forgetting the lesson learned in 1981 with the first IBM PC's.  "If it's simply not workiing right, use the big RED switch (turn the damn thing off and back on again)."

Have been putting off getting a NAS. Guess the time is coming.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

I got NAS back in 2010. I told my self then, why did I wait so long. I thought USB was the way to go. Ah No. So handy to have and pretty easy to use once something is set up. I now have two, Ones the main access for all items. The 2nd is backup for the 1st NAS. 16Tb for backup. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7