Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Loggoing into Orbo from my phone

twocrazykids
Aspirant

Loggoing into Orbo from my phone

I have the Orbi app on my iPhone 7.  Recently it disconnected and to get it back on it is asking for a username and password.  It isn't letting me put in a different user name other than "admin".  It is also asking me for a password telling me that "password" is the default.  I tried both "password" and the password for the account and neither one work.  I followed the instructions to reset the admin password and the two security questions are questions I didn't set up.  I just want the app to work so I can turn on and off the wi-fi access to the various devices using it.  How can I log in when I don't have the admin password and or the answers to the security questions?

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Loggoing into Orbo from my phone

You need to factory reset the router and use a wired PC connected to the router. Use a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard and this time write down all information for safe keeping and future use. 

Message 2 of 4
twocrazykids
Aspirant

I did that once.  I'll try that again.  What is odd is that one of the security questions it is asking me is my youngest sister's name.  I don't have a younger sister, so I never would have chosen that question because I don't have an answer to put in there. 

I'm assuming once do a reset, it and I log in to the orbilogin page, it will come up like I'm a brand new user, right?  That didn't happen.  All I want to do is use the app on my phone.  The wi-fi is working great, but when I on the app on my phone to shut off individual devices, that is asking me for the user name and password.  And it won't let me choose a new username other than "admin".

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

As you walk thru the set up wizard, you can change the security questions to something else listed in th drop down menu for each question. Use something that applies to your needs in the preset list.

Yes. And no, you can't chose a different name then admin. Thats default and can't be changed, only the admin PW can and should be changed.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7