Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My Orbi RBR10 is slowing down my internet connection from 50 MBPS to 10 MBPS

hugopaul
Aspirant

My Orbi RBR10 is slowing down my internet connection from 50 MBPS to 10 MBPS

I have an RBR10 - Orbi Dual-band AC1200 Mesh with three satellites. The main orbi is plugged with a netwrok cable to my internet's provider modem-router-my internet plan is 50 MBPS- but the wifi signal sent by the orbi is only 10 MBPS. I tried connecting another router, a Netgear Nighthawk AC1900, directly to my internet's provider modem-router and the speed is back to 50 MBPS which means somehow the Orbi system is dropping the speed from 50 to 10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: My Orbi RBR10 is slowing down my internet connection from 50 MBPS to 10 MBPS

When you're testing, are you testing hardwired into the rbr10 or wireless? 

and if you're testing wireless, are you connected to the 2.4ghz or the 5ghz?

Message 2 of 4
hugopaul
Aspirant

Re: My Orbi RBR10 is slowing down my internet connection from 50 MBPS to 10 MBPS

I am testing it wireless. When testing the Orbi I am connected to 2.4 GHZ since there are no other choices and I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 plus, the speed is about 10 MBPS. When I test the wifi signal with the router NightHawk my phone connects to a 5Ghz signal and the speed is 50 MPS. In both cases both devices,the Orbi and the Nighthawk are hardwired to my internet's provider modem-router.

Message 3 of 4
Mstrbig
Master

@hugopaul wrote:

I am testing it wireless. When testing the Orbi I am connected to 2.4 GHZ since there are no other choices and I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 plus, the speed is about 10 MBPS. When I test the wifi signal with the router NightHawk my phone connects to a 5Ghz signal and the speed is 50 MPS. In both cases both devices,the Orbi and the Nighthawk are hardwired to my internet's provider modem-router.

Why is there no other choice than 2.4Ghz?

Who is your ISP and what equipment did they provide?
What is the current firmware on your Orbi device?
What device model is your Orbi router connected to?
Have you changed the network cable connected from the ISP device to your Orbi router?
Try these settings:
Disable Circle, Armor, Daisy Chaining, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and uncheck 20/40Mhz Coexistence.
Set Short preamble mode. Save settings, reboot Orbi.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7