Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No WiFi or internet?

Louiet
Aspirant

No WiFi or internet?

I followed all steps to reboot the router and Orbi and Satellites and changed out the cables but can not get WiFi or wireless internet. Orbi software detects the Orbi Network and checked all cables but sees no internet. I reset to factory setting also. Funny is that my checking for available networks displays Orbi 139 as No internet secured, but another Orbi 139-2 is displayed as an Ethernet live connection from the cox router directly to my laptop, and not to the Orbi, I never saw this before?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: No WiFi or internet?

when you say cox router, what device is it actually connected to? 

If it is indeed a router, it causes a double nat. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

to fix it use one of these methods. (only use 1 method)

1. remove the router and directly connect the orbi to a modem

2. if its a modem/router combo device, put the modem/router in modem only/passthrough mode

3. put the Netgears IP address into the modem/router's dmz

4. put the netgear in access point mode. 

Message 2 of 4
Louiet
Aspirant

Thankls for responding. I indicated router, it is a cox modem. It has worked 100 % as designed with no problems for over a year. Something occurred?

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@Louiet wrote:

Thankls for responding. I indicated router, it is a cox modem.

that's like when your machanic asking what vehicle you have and saying its a ford. 

There's a ton or router/modems that cox uses. Details are what help us to help you. Not generalizations. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7