Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI keeps reset itself to factory setting after reboot

swanwila
Aspirant

ORBI keeps reset itself to factory setting after reboot

I've been using my ORBI for about a year, lately I ran into an odd problem where my ORBI keeps reset itself to factory setting after I manaully reboot it (soft reboot via 192.168.1.1). Has anyone encountered this kind of problem? I tried re-configure the unit from scratch (without restore configuration from my backup) but the problem still there. BTW my ORBI is running on firmware version V1.12.0.18.

P.S. I live in Thailand where ORBI has not been officially launched here (I bought my little ORBI from ebay). So I prefer to fix it by myself as sending the unit back and forth may cost more than the unit itself!

Thanks!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: ORBI keeps reset itself to factory setting after reboot

Yeah, they do that periodically.  Just cross your fingers it doesn't happen every time.

Message 2 of 5
swanwila
Aspirant

Hmm that's weird considering Netgear has been doing home/professional networking products for quite a long time. I also experienced WIFI dropping on iOS devices where I see some posts about this. Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Beginning with the 1.11.x branch of releases, Netgear has lost control of the Orbi's stability.  Satelite disconnects, iOS disconnects, Android disconnects, Microsoft Surface disconnects, WAN disconnects, etc.

Message 4 of 5
Tabby76
Aspirant

Facing similar issue every reboot using the Web interface makes the orbi go to factory defaults.

Using the latest version V1.12.0.18
Satellite randomly disconnects.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7