Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI33 Remove Previously Used Netowrk

randy_snyder
Follower

ORBI33 Remove Previously Used Netowrk

I have set up a new home network and would like to permanently remove the old network that still shows as an available network.  I did a factory reset before setting up the completed/preferred new one and one of the old networks has disappeared but another one still shows as available.  I did the reset because inadvertently had two networks before and our wifi seemed super inconsistent, possibly because it was split between the two.  I'd still like to remove this old one.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: ORBI33 Remove Previously Used Netowrk

@randy_snyder wrote:

I have set up a new home network and would like to permanently remove the old network that still shows as an available network.  I did a factory reset before setting up the completed/preferred new one and one of the old networks has disappeared but another one still shows as available.  I did the reset because inadvertently had two networks before and our wifi seemed super inconsistent, possibly because it was split between the two.  I'd still like to remove this old one.

When Orbi systems come from the factory, the router is set up with a default WiFi name (technically an SSID) that is printed on the product label.  When the router is Factory Reset, it reverts to that default WiFi name.  The default name is typically the letters "ORBI" plus a 3-digit number, such as 133, hence ORBI133.

During the setup, the user can change the WiFi name to something else. ( I always give each new WiFi system the same exact SSID/password as the one it is replacing, so that (a) all my devices will connect automatically and (b) if I decide to "go back", I can reinstall the old WiFi system and all my devices will connect to it automatically.  Saves a ton of busy work.)

Is ORBI 133 printed on the product label?

Did you deliberately give the Orbi system a different WiFi name?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7