Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi AC3000 does not detect Cable Modem

rbmattis
Tutor

Orbi AC3000 does not detect Cable Modem

Hi, My Orbi AC3000 will not connect to the internet.

I tried resetting my cable modem, then calling my ISP and remotely resetting it, nothing.

I've tried multiple ethernet cables, other routers, and directly connected devices to the cable modem confirming it's not a) the cable modem b) my internet connection c) the ethernet cable. I even tried setting the MAC address on my Orbi to that of my old Router, no luck.

I can access the Orbi, pair it with the Satellite, change settings, factory reset it, but getting it to connect to the internet, nada. The Error message is, "connect an ethernet cable." Trust me, I've tried checking all the cabling. Nada.

I might return it given the headache.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
rbmattis
Tutor

Re: Orbi AC3000 does not detect Cable Modem

The modem is an Arris TM1602, ISP is Spectrum, Orbi Firmware is 2.3.1.60

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

and, the ethernet cable is connected from the WAN (yellow) port on the RBR50 to the modem?  Turn off both devices.  Turn on the modem and wait for it to stabilize.  Then, turn on the Orbi router.

Message 3 of 5
rbmattis
Tutor

Yep... That's what I did. The Orbi still doesn't detect internet.
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you power OFF The modem for 1 minute fully. May need to pull the back up battery. Power back on. Factory reset the RBR and with a wired PC conected to the RBR, walk thru the setup wizard. Does the wizard detect internet here at all? 

@rbmattis wrote:
Yep... That's what I did. The Orbi still doesn't detect internet.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7