Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Internet connection issues

Jeremy042363
Follower

Orbi Internet connection issues

My Obrbi app is telling me the Internet is off-line however, I can send emails but, I can't download apps to mobile devices.

My system is in the UK using a BT modem - I bypass Orbi and select the BT Hub, I can down load apps.

from appfrom appfrom settingfrom settingThis is a relatively new issue! 

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Internet connection issues

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? Built in router here by chance? If so:

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 2 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi Internet connection issues

Hi Jeremy042363, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

There is a new firmware released for RBK50. Kindly update the firmware to 2.2.1.210. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000060273/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-2-1-210

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7