Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR40, Arris SB8200 - Setting up DUAL WAN?

l2lCH
Aspirant

Orbi RBR40, Arris SB8200 - Setting up DUAL WAN?

Hello-

I need some help combining two different ISP (one broadband and one cellular) into one connection.  For costly reasons, I would like the Broadband to be primary and the cellular to be the back up.  I plan on using my Hot-Spot on an 4G iPad that is always at the house.  

I have smartthings and other smart home devices and want the accessibility of always being able to connect remotely.

My Modem is an ARRIS SB8200 192 168 100 1

My Orbi Router is an RBR40 with an accompanied Satelite 192 168 1 1

I purchased a Prescitech WiFi Extender thinking I could have a backup SSID. Unfortunately, most of my devices are only capable of storing one SSID.

I recently noticed my ARRIS is now capable of Link Aggregation Configuration but assuming that means 2 dedicated lines from my ISP Cox Communications?  My reason for all of this is because they are awful and always drop connection to the modem.

Does anyone have a direction I should start?  Not that it matters, but I do have all of this on a Battery Backup in case we lose power.

Thanks in Advance!

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR40, Arris SB8200 - Setting up DUAL WAN?

If the Arris SB8200 does "link aggregation", it is not mention in the User Manual:

https://arris.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/#30000000kUAL/a/a0000000QLch/9Nh17rOX59OqJRfv4_PGHkAjUvwIaGiOx...

It does have two ethernet ports, so that might be taken to mean it can "aggregate" two user side networks into the single cable connection.

Orbi for certain has no capability for link aggregation as you describe it.

Your explanation of the situation is very good.  In your situation, I would want to exactly the same thing.  Good Luck in finding a product that can do it.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7