Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 + satellite

Gabe501
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 + satellite

My Orbi router has not been working for a couple of days now. I have had it for about 10 months now, and all of the sudden It doesn’t link up with my modem, i try the regular setup and the power button flashes green then flashes red then back to green. I tried holding the restart button on it to restore it to facory settings but that did not work the power light stayed green and didn’t turn orange. Then i tried the 30-30-30 that i read about, that brought up the link light on my modem but the power button just stayed a constant red. Any other way to try and fix it or am I going to have to buy a new one
Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 + satellite

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in until the top led turns on AMBER then let go. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate, then log in to orbilogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

Message 2 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Gabe501 wrote:
My Orbi router has not been working for a couple of days now. I have had it for about 10 months now, and all of the sudden It doesn’t link up with my modem, i try the regular setup and the power button flashes green then flashes red then back to green. I tried holding the restart button on it to restore it to facory settings but that did not work the power light stayed green and didn’t turn orange. Then i tried the 30-30-30 that i read about, that brought up the link light on my modem but the power button just stayed a constant red. Any other way to try and fix it or am I going to have to buy a new one

Are you sure it's the Orbi?  Check your modem by running the modem straight to your PC.

Message 3 of 10
Gabe501
Aspirant

im sure i hooked up my old router to my modem and it works

Message 4 of 10
Gabe501
Aspirant

i tried factory setting it with and with out a computer conected and the power light flashes red and not amber

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Look at the top of the orbi for the LED light. not the back of the LED in back.

@Gabe501 wrote:

i tried factory setting it with and with out a computer conected and the power light flashes red and not amber

Message 6 of 10
Gabe501
Aspirant

i held the reset for over 3 min and nothing changed only the back light

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

The top LED light did nothing? 

Message 8 of 10
Gabe501
Aspirant

Its already flashing white, just will not connect with my modem but my other two previous routers will. It also will not factory reset. The router has been working just fine for the past 11 months but all of the sudden pooped out and will not connect to my modem

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7